• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

UPDATE - Egg Shaped Poops - Dental Needed?

RE: finger examination. I'm SURE I've heard about it before, might have been when we had a student in on one of our checkups, but my vet doesn't do it as his fingers are too big. I totally could, I have the hands of a child :lol: But I reckon you've got to have a good combination of finger strength, dexterity and slenderness! I'd totally get behind it, feeling what's there is much easier that trying to see :D Imagine finding a chipped tooth in your own mouth, you check it with your fingers not the mirror first, right? After you've found it with your tongue that is!

I've never had a problem with Excel (spotty bunny pellets as the OH calls them), all of mine have had them and we get the odd excess ceco but we're talking weeks between them (or too much forage). But I know they're one of the less-tolerated brands whereas Science Selective is generally better-tolerated given the reports on here :)

Good luck with the dental :D

I've recently changed over Mouse from excel as they appeared to be upsetting her digestively & everything is much improved since. She'd had them years before without incident. J&B are on excel but changing over now too. My vet says science selective have higher fibre so thats our choice for now. I've been beating self up recently for syringe feeding rudey excel products ..maybe he'd have coped better with different brand?

Good luck for her dental beapig

The only thing I could think of is they have yeast the same as the magic arthritis biccies maybe might be that? I heard that yeast can cause upset tummies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope the dental goes well and is the answer to the problem. Science Selective is very popular in Rabbit circles.

Sending vibes that the dental goes well and solves the issue. When I see oval/odd shaped poos, I generally break them open to see if they contain fur or other materials (newspaper/cereal box/blanket).

Back