• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lord Herbert is on Borrowed Time U/D 18th May

InspectorMorse

Wise Old Thumper
I don’t want to go into details, but my daft brave boy is unlikely to be here much longer :cry: Just had a long chat with my lovely Vet and we agree that he will be kept comfortable on palliative care.

So much for 2021 being a better year.......

Last edited:
Oh no :cry: I’m so very sorry :cry: I hope that he will be with you for a long time to come xx

So sorry to hear this Jane, you and Lord Herbert will be in my thoughts. Unfortunately I'm on palliative care watch at the moment too; my one remaining bunny :( x

So sorry to hear this Jane, you and Lord Herbert will be in my thoughts. Unfortunately I'm on palliative care watch at the moment too; my one remaining bunny :( x

Oh no, I am really sad to hear this :cry:

Thank you for all your replies folks. I won’t let Lord H suffer, he has a great Vet over-seeing his care and she would never allow me to keep him going just because I could not bear to let him go.

I feel so low about everything, but at least Lord H is blissfully unaware of how sick he is.

You know how I feel that words are hollow at a time like this. But please know also how much I wish I was there to give you and big, gentle and comforting hug.

I admit to not being much of a glass-half-full person, but I do wish for more happy memories with Lord H for you and Roisin. You will always be in my foremost thoughts and prayers. xxxxx

:cry: I’m so sorry :cry: I know he will get the best of care, as always. I hope he can remain comfortable for a long time to come. Sending lots of vibes and hugs xx

I'm so sorry to read this Jane. Lord H is in the very best of care with you and he has an amazing life of love and care and hopefully he has lots more time to enjoy that with you.
Sending you hugs and nose rubs to Lord H. xx

So sorry to hear this Jane. Give him a lovely bunny hug from us or and perhaps spoil him with his favourite food. [emoji847]

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

So very sorry to hear :( sending lots of vibes and thoughts [emoji847][emoji847]

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

I'm so sorry to read your sad news, Jane. Lord Herbert seems such a gentle, brave soul. Hopefully, he will be able to remain comfortable for long enough for you to be able to spoil him with all his favourite noms, even the naughty ones.

I'm so sorry to read this 😔 It goes without saying that you and your vet will make sure he is comfortable and happy for the time he has left. It's a comfort at least that he has no idea what's going on, that's the burden we have to bear.

I'm so sorry Jane. He will have the best of care between you and your trusted vet.

My late bunny, Spenser Milton, probably had cancer in his final months but he had and brought much joy and love right until the time I knew I didn't really have a decision to make.

Sending much love to you and all your rabbits. xx

Back