Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: my rabbit was found dead with no head what can it be

Default my rabbit was found dead with no head what can it be

When I got home it was dark and I went out to see my rabbit but this was the worst thing ever for my eyes to see. My rabbit was dead without any head and there wasn't any blood or fur anywhere around it was a clean cut. At first I thought It was alive we were calling her name but she wasn't responding normally she would come running😭😭 it was dark so I tried looking properly I switched on my flash light and saw I couldn't find her head I just😭😭😭😭
    The way it lay there is as if someone placed it there, it was neatly placed looked like it was sleeping with no head.
    I live in the UK in a city and there isn't any other animals that would come apart from fox or cat. I really need to know what took the head of my rabbit and left the body neatly. I have nightmares of this and will forever it really hurts.
    my rabbit was a French lop mix continental gaint it was really cute and large and loved playing and spending time with her cat friends. She was fearless and literally made friends with all the cats that came around.
    Last edited by Maria124; 02-01-2021 at 05:35 PM.

Forum Buddy

Fox

Sorry for your loss
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Warren Veteran

Typical of a fox.
    So sorry.

Thanks for letting me know but do fox leave any mess like fur or blood or any trace when they kill rabbit and leave the whole body
    Last edited by Maria124; 02-01-2021 at 05:24 PM.

Hello Maria,

I am so very sorry that you have come home to such a devastating sight of you beloved rabbit. Whilst in many cases of this type of death it could possibly have been a fox. Unfortunately it may not have been, and I would advise that you contact SNARL (South Norwood Animal Rescue & Liberty). They have a Facebook page.

So sorry for your loss
    Every Bun deserves some love, no matter what their breed, colour or background

Thanks shimmer for letting me know and before when we had our previous rabbits someone opened them up at about 4 am in the morning still don't know who did so I just wanted answer whether it was a fox, cat or human but probably fox then

Quote Originally Posted by bunniemum View Post
    Hello Maria,

I am so very sorry that you have come home to such a devastating sight of you beloved rabbit. Whilst in many cases of this type of death it could possibly have been a fox. Unfortunately it may not have been, and I would advise that you contact SNARL (South Norwood Animal Rescue & Liberty). They have a Facebook page.

So sorry for your loss
    https://www.facebook.com/South-Norwo...24100301029007

Very sorry for your loss Maria

‘’All war is a symptom of man’s failure as a thinking animal.”
    ―John Steinbeck.

RESCUED PLUSH LOP VINNIE NEEDS A FOREVER HOME
    https://www.bleakholt.org/lancashire...-small-animal/

I used to be ‘Jack’s-Jane’ but I have been logged out of that account and I can’t get back in !

Wise Old Thumper Mischief and Tinker's Mum's Avatar

Oh I'm so sorry Hugs xx
    - Emma

Click here to see how I bonded my group of 5 rabbits!

Binky free Mischief, Tinkerbell, Jasper, Blossom, Theo, Poppy, Hector, Velvet and Reuben xxx

Thanks bunniemum for your condolence and advice

I am so terribly sorry for your loss. I can’t find the words that would help you - I feel the sense of loss that you feel. I am deeply sorry that this has happened.
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES