• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A new hay for a new year

I just bought some rye grass from m and t Haylage. So now they have ryegrass, Timothyhay, and the stuff from herby hay. As well as the random hays I put in a bowl throughout the day- meadow, orchard etc. I hope they like it all!

Bob's never ordered hay in his life although I do sometimes make him pay half

zigzag your house sounds like ours. I don't even know what they like anymore, I've confused myself & them

Well at least we have a variety of hays for them! One thing I do know is that they don’t like the orchard from healthy herby company!

I also have to make my husband pay half! I’m assuming Bob is your husband..

Well at least we have a variety of hays for them! One thing I do know is that they don’t like the orchard from healthy herby company!

We had a small sample of that and it was not liked here either. It was very soft and sort of all clumped together when you picked up a handful.

Yes that’s exactly what it’s like. Glad my buns weren’t the only 2 that didn’t like it. Unfortunately they ate the sample, and I bought a couple of boxes, so now need to use them as litter tray hay.

Not married but he's been a permanent fixture in my life for 13 years

Boobly was very entusiastic about the rye hay sample but promptly went off it when the humungous sack arrived. I think joey likes it (though he is the upper end of his perfect weight & that's before forage season kicks in) They now get 4 hays minimum per litter change & I've given up worrying about it

Not married but he's been a permanent fixture in my life for 13 years

Boobly was very entusiastic about the rye hay sample but promptly went off it when the humungous sack arrived. I think joey likes it (though he is the upper end of his perfect weight & that's before forage season kicks in) They now get 4 hays minimum per litter change & I've given up worrying about it

Apologies, I shouldn’t have assumed he was your husband.

It sounds like they get a great variety of hay! I’m hoping my two will eat the giant box that arrives on Wed, as they loved the sample.

Me and my guys weren't fond of the Orchard Hay either.

And they don't seem to like the herby hay but the plain is ok.

The herby hay makes me sneeze awfully though so I'm kind of glad they're not keen.

I've gibe back to mixing timothyhay.co.uk with a variety of Herby Hay Timothy and different cuts of Small Pet Select.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

CarelessSquid07;7225199[B said:
]Me and my guys[/B] weren't fond of the Orchard Hay either.

And they don't seem to like the herby hay but the plain is ok.

The herby hay makes me sneeze awfully though so I'm kind of glad they're not keen.

I've gibe back to mixing timothyhay.co.uk with a variety of Herby Hay Timothy and different cuts of Small Pet Select.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

love this. Really sounds like you've given it a really good sampling yourself:lol:

I do really like the haybox nuggets. Mousey still has to have hers wet but they smell so much better wet. Soya must make things smell rotten. I've been giving J&B the odd one as treats.

Just received the rye grass hay from M and T Haylage, it’s going down really well.

Is it just me who gets very excited about hay deliveries?!!

Just received the rye grass hay from M and T Haylage, it’s going down really well.

Is it just me who gets very excited about hay deliveries?!!

I'm obliged to get excited about it, the bunnies see it as right not a priviledge so hold back on the enthusiasm - me thinks intentionally. I suppose it does arrive during snoozy time, however if someone knocked on my door at 4am with a big box of chocolate I'd show willing & at least have a few bars

Back