Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: A new hay for a new year

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    Mousey just made me buy 4 kilos of Rosewood hay cookies
    Hay cookies? Maple has entered the thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maple as a hay cookie connoisseur can say that the Rosewood ones are the best. We have tried galens garden ones, the from natureís own. Pets at home own cookies comes second but we donít like to give them the money unless going in there for emergency equipment

Warren Scout

Sounds fab. Are yours good hay eaters?
    Freja is, Odin not so much, though he used to be before Freja came and I've seen him eat more recently so maybe the stress of bonding put him off for a while. I'd like him to eat more, his output is never as good as hers sizewise. But they eat a lot of fresh too so I'm not sure how much hay is realistic any more! Difficult to assess too tbh as they have hay all over the place, in so many beds, so I can only really judge on what I see them eat.

Wise Old Thumper

Considering she can't control her limbs very well she does an excellent job at mind control

I hope she likes them too. i think Rosewood ones have generally been the highest ranked in our warren. I'm pretty sure J&B will help out if necessary though they make a right mess on the carpet

What hay should I buy next?
    We've just had a delivery of the stalky from timothyhay.co.uk and it's very good quality, although Mousey prefers it a bit softer I think. Mine won't eat any type of hay cookie, but it they still seem to get it spread all over the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by loobers25 View Post
    Maple as a hay cookie connoisseur can say that the Rosewood ones are the best. We have tried galens garden ones, the from nature’s own. Pets at home own cookies comes second but we don’t like to give them the money unless going in there for emergency equipment

Does she still pack a few away each day? Bless her. Where do you get yours - do you bulk buy?

Quote Originally Posted by dollyanna View Post
    Freja is, Odin not so much, though he used to be before Freja came and I've seen him eat more recently so maybe the stress of bonding put him off for a while. I'd like him to eat more, his output is never as good as hers sizewise. But they eat a lot of fresh too so I'm not sure how much hay is realistic any more! Difficult to assess too tbh as they have hay all over the place, in so many beds, so I can only really judge on what I see them eat.
    I'm very interested in giant bunny poo Does Freja make marbles? Yes I can imagine its harder to monitor as they'll have so much more hay than inside bunnies generally do. Mousey's hay never seems to go down before its cleaned out but I spend hours with her (she's in my lounge) & she does eat it, but its fairly slow & single strands, J&B ram it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    We've just had a delivery of the stalky from timothyhay.co.uk and it's very good quality, although Mousey prefers it a bit softer I think. Mine won't eat any type of hay cookie, but it they still seem to get it spread all over the floor.
    Tempting - we are actually stalky free at the moment except for haybox which they've gone off. I think Mouse likes softer hays but her favourite before Christmas was Burns green oat hay & thats all stalk & seed. We've run out of that actually.

Hopefully I'll chill out with the hay obsession when forage season arrives

Warren Scout

I'm very interested in giant bunny poo Does Freja make marbles? Yes I can imagine its harder to monitor as they'll have so much more hay than inside bunnies generally do. Mousey's hay never seems to go down before its cleaned out but I spend hours with her (she's in my lounge) & she does eat it, but its fairly slow & single strands, J&B ram it in.
    Haha, much to my husband's disappointment they don't poo marbles , I've got no scale reference to normal rabbits but Freja's are more akin to sheep pellet size if that helps? Odin's are smaller and tend to be a bit darker and a bit less round, depending what he's eaten. I think he was quite spoiled in his previous home as his food preferences are terrible - though he is improving over time. Harder in the winter as their fresh food has to be mostly bought and isn't nearly as good as the amount of foraging I can do in the warmer months, but they have a lot of dried forage too. She will happily switch between fresh and dried and hay and veg all the time, but he tends to eat the fresh til it's gone - though it does vary depending on the weather! He's never been any different though, so I think it might just be him.
    I used to have hay racks to try and judge amounts more but neither of them use them and prefer to have big hay beds instead.
    Happy to provide giant poo photos if you'd like

Quote Originally Posted by dollyanna View Post
    Haha, much to my husband's disappointment they don't poo marbles , I've got no scale reference to normal rabbits but Freja's are more akin to sheep pellet size if that helps? Odin's are smaller and tend to be a bit darker and a bit less round, depending what he's eaten. I think he was quite spoiled in his previous home as his food preferences are terrible - though he is improving over time. Harder in the winter as their fresh food has to be mostly bought and isn't nearly as good as the amount of foraging I can do in the warmer months, but they have a lot of dried forage too. She will happily switch between fresh and dried and hay and veg all the time, but he tends to eat the fresh til it's gone - though it does vary depending on the weather! He's never been any different though, so I think it might just be him.
    I used to have hay racks to try and judge amounts more but neither of them use them and prefer to have big hay beds instead.
    Happy to provide giant poo photos if you'd like

Yes please

A good few years ago Mouse did a poo on the consulting table & the vet said it was the largest bunny poo she had ever seen & she had a giant. I think it may have been the proudest moment of my life

Warren Scout

[/B]

Yes please

A good few years ago Mouse did a poo on the consulting table & the vet said it was the largest bunny poo she had ever seen & she had a giant. I think it may have been the proudest moment of my life

I shall pick some up tonight and find a scale reference for you