Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: A new hay for a new year

I don't think this has enough yellow/gold hues TBH. I have a great pic of Lopsy's two-tone forage/hay poo somewhere but bummed if I can find it!

ETA found it! And it's on FB already so shareable!

And another:

Last edited by keletkezes; 18-01-2021 at 10:41 PM.
    The geeky one...

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

Warren Scout

I forgot to sniff tonight (bit distracted worrying) but I can confirm I regularly break them open and they remain dark throughout with varying fibre flecks!

zoobec - has your sample arrived yet?

Hay cookies arrived at crack of dawn (8.30 ) & are going down well. Joey did squirrel his then sat by Boo's side & shared (hers) very nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    zoobec - has your sample arrived yet?

Hay cookies arrived at crack of dawn (8.30 ) & are going down well. Joey did squirrel his then sat by Boo's side & shared (hers) very nicely.
    Not yet, I think it might come today as Iíve got a text from dhl and I donít know what else it could be. So Iíll do a taste test later. Well, Fern will Iíll let you know her verdict

Iím glad they like the hay cookies

So, the samples have arrived and Iíve just served out a portion of each in labelled bowls. They all smell nice and particularly the meadow one smells so sweet. If I had to eat any it would be the meadow hay. The favourite is ryegrass though. Sheís tried the Timothy and likes it but sheís hoovering up the ryegrass as fast as she can eat it Iíll update later!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoobec View Post
    So, the samples have arrived and I’ve just served out a portion of each in labelled bowls. They all smell nice and particularly the meadow one smells so sweet. If I had to eat any it would be the meadow hay. The favourite is ryegrass though. She’s tried the Timothy and likes it but she’s hoovering up the ryegrass as fast as she can eat it I’ll update later!
    This sounds very positive. How big are the samples please?

Warren Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Zoobec View Post
    So, the samples have arrived and Iíve just served out a portion of each in labelled bowls. They all smell nice and particularly the meadow one smells so sweet. If I had to eat any it would be the meadow hay. The favourite is ryegrass though. Sheís tried the Timothy and likes it but sheís hoovering up the ryegrass as fast as she can eat it Iíll update later!
    That's interesting! How much did you get as a sample? Might be something to bear in mind for buns who like a change in hay frequently, or just a variety.

This sounds very positive. How big are the samples please?
    Quote Originally Posted by dollyanna View Post
    That's interesting! How much did you get as a sample? Might be something to bear in mind for buns who like a change in hay frequently, or just a variety.
    The 3 bags are 25 cm wide, 30 cm tall, 12cm deep and were crammed full of hay Iíve just put the hay from the bags and the bowls into her hay rack in labelled columns so I can see what sheís eaten most of, because she was quite annoyed about the bowls being in the way They sent them on dhl so I feel the £10 was worth it, although I wouldnít buy it in that way in future, assuming she continues with the rest of the samples I can go and fetch some from them.

If I ever buy hay and she doesnít eat it Iíd just give it to the goats

i'm tempted

i'm tempted
    Well, you wouldnít look at it and think it was £10 worth of hay with it being samples, but compared with other sample packS it is very good. their hay is such a good price compared to anything else apart from farm baled hay, and itís lovely quality sheís ripping the ryegrass out of the hay rack and eating it as fast as she can