• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A new hay for a new year

Thanks for this. I don't want to waste their money re: free sample. there are quite a few suppliers fairly near here. Mmmm...Let me know what Fern thinks though it doesn't sound like she is the fussiest :lol:

Sorry I should have said it’s £10 including delivery for the sample pack of hays. So unfortunately not free. But if Fern likes any it’s worth finding out because it’s barn dried, dust free and at £9 for 12kg if I collect it’s a bargain. They also do conventional bales so that’s even cheaper. I’ll let you know what it’s like. She isn’t fussy, no:lol: btw there’s still most of her willow Christmas tunnel left ;)

bb6d05970c228b2d465c5a37fc616121.jpg

Our warren is currently producing in the shade “walnut”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rodney is definitely in the dark chocolate area.

Blossom is more of a tawny [emoji1787]

We're on Small Pet Select currently.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Do you think we should have a separate poop shade guide so we can gather our scientific findings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think this has enough yellow/gold hues TBH. I have a great pic of Lopsy's two-tone forage/hay poo somewhere but bummed if I can find it! :lol:

ETA found it! And it's on FB already so shareable!

1412725_10101466386653188_429412002259828737_o.jpg

And another:

11149646_10101531048310708_4150778362379286264_o.jpg

Last edited:
I forgot to sniff tonight (bit distracted worrying) but I can confirm I regularly break them open and they remain dark throughout with varying fibre flecks!

zoobec - has your sample arrived yet?

Hay cookies arrived at crack of dawn (8.30 :lol:) & are going down well. Joey did squirrel his then sat by Boo's side & shared (hers) very nicely.

zoobec - has your sample arrived yet?

Hay cookies arrived at crack of dawn (8.30 :lol:) & are going down well. Joey did squirrel his then sat by Boo's side & shared (hers) very nicely.

Not yet, I think it might come today as I’ve got a text from dhl and I don’t know what else it could be. So I’ll do a taste test later. Well, Fern will :lol: I’ll let you know her verdict :thumb:

I’m glad they like the hay cookies:love:

So, the samples have arrived and I’ve just served out a portion of each in labelled bowls. They all smell nice and particularly the meadow one smells so sweet. If I had to eat any it would be the meadow hay. The favourite is ryegrass though. She’s tried the Timothy and likes it but she’s hoovering up the ryegrass as fast as she can eat it :lol: I’ll update later!

So, the samples have arrived and I’ve just served out a portion of each in labelled bowls. They all smell nice and particularly the meadow one smells so sweet. If I had to eat any it would be the meadow hay. The favourite is ryegrass though. She’s tried the Timothy and likes it but she’s hoovering up the ryegrass as fast as she can eat it :lol: I’ll update later!

This sounds very positive. How big are the samples please?

That's interesting! How much did you get as a sample? Might be something to bear in mind for buns who like a change in hay frequently, or just a variety.

This sounds very positive. How big are the samples please?

That's interesting! How much did you get as a sample? Might be something to bear in mind for buns who like a change in hay frequently, or just a variety.

The 3 bags are 25 cm wide, 30 cm tall, 12cm deep and were crammed full of hay :love: I’ve just put the hay from the bags and the bowls into her hay rack in labelled columns so I can see what she’s eaten most of, because she was quite annoyed about the bowls being in the way :lol: They sent them on dhl so I feel the £10 was worth it, although I wouldn’t buy it in that way in future, assuming she continues with the rest of the samples I can go and fetch some from them.

If I ever buy hay and she doesn’t eat it I’d just give it to the goats :lol:

i'm tempted

Well, you wouldn’t look at it and think it was £10 worth of hay with it being samples, but compared with other sample packS it is very good. their hay is such a good price compared to anything else apart from farm baled hay, and it’s lovely quality :love: she’s ripping the ryegrass out of the hay rack and eating it as fast as she can :lol:

Back