• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A new hay for a new year

Where is the soft brown one from?

have i made it sound attractive enough to buy? :lol:

its the soft hay from timothyhay.co.uk

Happy to send you sample of that & the Etsy meadow organic one if you like. Pm me if you do

last year I bought a selection of bricks from galens garden. No bun was interested. Dug one out of the cupboard to weigh Mouseys blankeys down a few weeks ago & she has suddenly started to eat it today. This is how they get you. Ceiling to floor boxes of posh hays so you vow no more for now ..then Mousey does this & I think shes telling me she'd like Rosewood cookies :lol:

it never does. I need help :lol:

It’s an addiction, trying new hay :lol: I understand;) I got some hay bales for the goats and they smelt really nice, so I decided to give some to Fern, and when she loved it I was so pleased and excited :lol:

It’s an addiction, trying new hay :lol: I understand;) I got some hay bales for the goats and they smelt really nice, so I decided to give some to Fern, and when she loved it I was so pleased and excited :lol:

thats a fab result. I'd love to find some lovely local baled hay. Someone who lives local-ish to me (used to see him on the bus) got talking the other day. He has 2 buns & recommended awesome hay from a nearby farm. Only problem is we're surrounded by farms & he couldn't remember the name . Its risky at mo, Boo has decided if anything other than soft brown is in their tray shes gonna evict it on to the carpet. It was funnier when she did it on lino

thats a fab result. I'd love to find some lovely local baled hay. Someone who lives local-ish to me (used to see him on the bus) got talking the other day. He has 2 buns & recommended awesome hay from a nearby farm. Only problem is we're surrounded by farms & he couldn't remember the name . Its risky at mo, Boo has decided if anything other than soft brown is in their tray shes gonna evict it on to the carpet. It was funnier when she did it on lino

Yes, Frosty wouldn’t eat meadow hay. Fern loves any hay! Fern likes to dig out litter trays too :lol: it’s a shame he couldn’t remember the name of the farm. I suppose if you contact the farms they might give you a sample for them to try. This farm hay is part green and part brown. It looked like Fern couldn’t decide which bit she wanted to eat the most, with excited head rotating and pawing!

Considering she can't control her limbs very well she does an excellent job at mind control :lol:

I hope she likes them too. i think Rosewood ones have generally been the highest ranked in our warren. I'm pretty sure J&B will help out if necessary though they make a right mess on the carpet

What hay should I buy next?

I'm interested in BYB's preferred fancypants hay from overseas, not that I know anything about it

Considering she can't control her limbs very well she does an excellent job at mind control :lol:

I hope she likes them too. i think Rosewood ones have generally been the highest ranked in our warren. I'm pretty sure J&B will help out if necessary though they make a right mess on the carpet

What hay should I buy next?

Hay cookies just seem to be a messy toy :lol:

Have you tried sweet green hay from nature’s own?

My guys have just been trying the ryegrass hay I got for the ponies as an emergency but it's too rich for them longterm - the buns seems to think it's amazing though! Be great if they like it, I can get 12kg compressed bags from the agri store on the way to work so a bit more convenient. Happy to send a handful if anyone wants to try it who can get it locally - it's M&T Haylage company ryegrass hay.

Also, mine like the blocks, but they seem to prefer them once they've been out a week or two, then they soften up a little and are maybe easier to get into - once they start they demolish them, but there is a big element of play involved!!

Hay cookies just seem to be a messy toy :lol:

Have you tried sweet green hay from nature’s own?

yeah TBH they weren't that fussed. Half off them were off loaded to Pepper & Tulip in their scooby snack shed box :oops::lol:

My guys have just been trying the ryegrass hay I got for the ponies as an emergency but it's too rich for them longterm - the buns seems to think it's amazing though! Be great if they like it, I can get 12kg compressed bags from the agri store on the way to work so a bit more convenient. Happy to send a handful if anyone wants to try it who can get it locally - it's M&T Haylage company ryegrass hay.

Sounds fab. Are yours good hay eaters?

Back