• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Take Two Fingers Crossed

Haha each time I check the thread for updates, they've moved a little bit closer together :love:

They do seem to be testing the waters more.

I've got one more night I can do night shift with them then I'm going to have to sleep in with them and hope I wake up with any problems.

The rescue Blossom came from suggested a car ride tomorrow to help things along but I am reluctant to stress them further.

While they're scoffing absolutely fine both have smaller poo than usual which has been improving the more they get used to the pen.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

I dont like stress bonding. Looks like they are doing really well.
Yeah I am really reluctant to try it, I kind of feel like long and slow is working for them albeit slower than I anticipated in terms of needing supervision.

I suspect they would be ok now but just want to be around to make sure as Blossom gets nasty once she's lost her footing which is fair enough as she's scared but hopefully I can prevent that.

I'm not sure if it's her fur or her double joints that mean she struggles a tiny bit with the lino.

I bet by tomorrow they will be much much happier with one another. Each day they will get closer. How old is Blossom?

Roughly 2, very little known about her really. She was found straying in Cornwall. I assume she was abandoned or escaped possibly [emoji25].

She can be very aggressive with my husband and i wonder if that might be the reason for abandonment hes had a few scratches and bites. She isnt keen on my friends toddler either (no contact just waving at her from my arms). She's fine with me loving even really and hubby has been wearing her down with grooms and feeding.

She definitely acts two compared to how Rodney and Primrose were at that age and the vet agreed.

It's not something we saw with Primrose but I believe she's quite territorial she gets upset about cage cleaning and very growly if you don't do things the way she likes.

I usually have to groom her with one hand while picking up poo with the other.

Yeah definitely spayed. She's about 2.5kg.

She's a chinchilla cross of some kind. She does have smallish ears and absolutely massive back stompers but slender front ones and when she moults she goes a mottled brown grey.

She has a massive dewlap too but only really noticed when she sits into it.

Also very black defined eyelashes.

d3d1630040337ebf60b4d1002d86e7af.jpg
3dead00c5eae10a32b93afb67057d487.jpg
1560cf72d846690476b829679da7bda3.jpg

I'm just about to head to bed as my shift with them is over.

There was a head groom! It was very brief and she flinched away which makes me think he was being very nibbly about it.

Since then there has been loads of him chasing her but neither seem stressed and he gives up after one or two tries. He still goes for her but stops before he gets her or her fur seems to be more to make her move.

I suspect she is now playing hard to get with him either that or they're desperate for breakfast which is due soon.

You are doing very well! All this is quite normal. I reckon by the end of today you will have a happy pair of Buns.

I hope so!

They're all tuckered out bless them.

I think we're looking good now, not bonded but the risk of a fight seems to have passed and definitely well on our way.

Thank you for all the support and reassurance everyone!

I hope so!

They're all tuckered out bless them.

I think we're looking good now, not bonded but the risk of a fight seems to have passed and definitely well on our way.

Thank you for all the support and reassurance everyone!

No mean feat! Well done on getting this far, it sounds positive for sure

My attempt at sleeping beside them last night attracted much puzzlement!

Also they now covet my weighted blanket [emoji23]

They woke me up regularly with a bit of a chase but absolutely no violence or fur pulling even so we're going to reduce the supervision now.
d607f967c81f9003783c68bb86ac19f8.jpg

Back