• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Take Two Fingers Crossed

He will lunge - this is normal until they come to trust one another. I am pretty confident looking at the photos, they will be fine in aday orso,so please don't give up unless of course if it gets very nasty, although I can't see that happening. I have a Lionhead which looks identical to yours, well 2 really, Charlie and Archie and they both bonded with their wifebuns
with very little trouble.

I think Blossom has worked out a good method for this.

She's started moving an inch or two closer and then flopping for a bit.

He offered her a groom earlier unfortunately it was misunderstood as he's a bit of a nibble groomer but it's a start.

I dont want to give up if I can help it, they're both happy buns but I know they can be happier together.

I'm just praying I can sort out my nocturnal ness before I have to work on Monday! I'm a night owl so watching them overnight was fairly easy but getting back to mornings might not be!

I watched a bonding video or two on Cottontails rescue site and it gave me confidence that we're nowhere near the failed bonds on there.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

We shared a dinner without any drama!

A bit wary but did really well with it.

I must admit I've been careful about making sure each one gets their favourite on their side of the pile for now but it's really good.

We shared a dinner without any drama!

A bit wary but did really well with it.

I must admit I've been careful about making sure each one gets their favourite on their side of the pile for now but it's really good.

Sneaking Closer!
870cdc2771ecbe6d42d222faeb2f51c8.jpg

I am obviously biased lol but they are gorgeous.

Even hubby who professes hatred of the little beasts that have overrun his life admits they're cute [emoji1787]

He's not fooling me though I hear him chattering away to them when he thinks I'm not listening [emoji16]

It's usually uneventful cuddles and grooming for the signs they'll be ok alone isnt it?

Last time we did this they were fine after 12 hours so I just slept nearby.

These guys are spotting a bit, Blossom has just had a chunk of fur nipped off her face the poor thing.

Got too close while eating I think. Theres good signs too though.

You might see grooming but you might not. If they can be together for 2 or 3 days with no fighting I would say they are going to be fine. :love:

It's been about 36 hours.

I guess it depends how you define fight.

There were two we intervened on as she slipped and was on her side during a chase because that's when she bit him hard in our last attempt.

But mostly it's the lunging when she gets close to him and he's not keen on being approached in the litter tray which she loves.

It feels like lots of no progress even though I know that's good lol

It's been about 36 hours.

I guess it depends how you define fight.

There were two we intervened on as she slipped and was on her side during a chase because that's when she bit him hard in our last attempt.

But mostly it's the lunging when she gets close to him and he's not keen on being approached in the litter tray which she loves.

It feels like lots of no progress even though I know that's good lol

Just had a lunge but then straight to this so the distance between them is reducing a bit.
aef5f7cbc6a6d6dff0a0c99b0fefdb04.jpg

Angry bunnies at dawn at the moment!

Lungy boy and very indignant girl.

I suspect they're missing their exercise binky times and they're very energetic now after a very sleepy day.
990a13835642b91f86555b644acbd416.jpg

Not sure how to tell?

She's approaching him mostly usually for a nose bump or for some food nearby then he lunges and she backs off. Or she snaps back and then moves off.

In the small hours she did do a nip and run around him which reminded me of the chasing games we used to see him and Primrose play.

We've has some nose bumps where they've both backed down after but they're rare.

I think a 2nd loo is a good plan I'll add one in. Is it alright for us to do a bit of a clean and move poo out or is best to leave it til things are more settled?

Yes you can do some cleaning if you want, just do as you would normally. Are they normally free-range?

Thank you [emoji16]

Sort of free range really. They have their pens which are the required size then each is out for exercise downstairs for half a day.

So Blossom usually exercises in the morning and Rodney evenings.

Once bonded they'd get the full exercise area most of the time and just in the pen for deliveries etc to keep them safe.

Dinner!

Although there was a lunge after this it wasnt food related just that she got too close.

I wonder if he's remembering the bite she gave him in Sept so is being proactive at protecting his space.

Second loo does seem to have helped a bit, both have been in and done their marking individually and they just head to the other one if chased off.
f6536154219add590007161e70d6f287.jpg

Back