• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Take Two Fingers Crossed

I have applied more brambles to the situation [emoji16] and some rose prunings as well.

Blossom is showing him that they are nice and edible so he's eaten a couple more this time.

They're seeming closer today, I put the wire house we made for them in their bonding pen in so they can sit close with a barrier and they've gone straight back to using it.

Just needs lots of time for things to settle now I think.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Terrible photo but first cuddles!

Unfortunately poo is also shrinking today. Hopefully it can be improved with some enticing hay and dried forage and I'll send hubby on another bramble hunt at lunchtime.

We're coming off Rantidine and Cisapride today just leaving the emeprid and metacam which I have reservations about but we shall see how it goes.

Forgot the photo [emoji1787]
cfbb9dcf30ddb2279bc30afcce326521.jpg

:love: I hope the eating/poop situation gets better. Will they eat fibafirst sticks and chopped grass such as Readigrass?

The fibafirst sticks yes, I have the plain ones and they seem to love those. Although I see some of the flavoured ones have higher fibre content so maybe I should get some of those.

I usually let them have one a day but I could increase that.

Readigrass not so much, Rodney doesn't seem to like the smell so anything it touches he won't go near. I've tried a few kinds.

I have some fresh grass growing and have been giving little bits of that but am very conscious it needs to last for a while.

Am I right in thinking he’s due back at the vets today? And he’s maybe having a dental soon? Normally I’d not give too many fibafirst sticks to avoid them not eating hay although I used to give mine 2 or 3 day each. And if he’s not eating much else maybe you could give him more ? I always decided when I was trying to keep Frosty’s guts going when he was going in for a dental I would give him whatever he would eat, especially if it had a lot of fibre in it.

They're due to call today to discuss his progress.

I think they're hoping for him to go another week before going under for a dental.

The vet seemed convinced it shouldn't be causing this as the spurs were minor but then we're not sure what triggered the episode if not. Possibly stress from bonding and routine changes.

He seems to be eating fairly well for now although picky about what he wants. I'll up his sticks and see if that helps. I have some 3rd cut hay he seems to enjoying as well.

I’m glad he’s eating well, the poop changes would concern me so fingers crossed the vets will suggest something.

Bonding wise they seem very much like two bunnies just coexisting in the same space however there have been a couple of tentative grooms again so hopefully all is well.
Lopsy and Chibbs were like this much more than Aboleth and Lopsy who were really cuddly together. But Lopsy seems much happier with Chibbs? He's a buzzy little boy now, he'll buzz over to her when they're rolling in the dirt in summer: he tries to show off :lol: They'll sit together much more now, but only in the last 2-3 months, so that was, what 9-10 months of coexisting? Maybe because it's colder :lol:

It does seem like it's going OK, TBH. Not well, but in the right direction slowly. Hope Rodney's doing OK :)

We have such sleepy buns today!

I have caught him grooming Blossom while in a dbf which was especially cute but they caught me watching so no photo [emoji25]

They've both passed their treat tests but I've not seen much eating from either of them today and very little poo. However last night was the first night I slept in my bedroom and just checked on them every so often and I suspect they were up having a party all night...

Rodney is still improving although not 100% he finished his meds today and the vet has extended them until Friday and then he will have to go back in.

I think by then he might be well enough for his dental so hopefully they might fit that in.

Both full of beans this morning and there is much friendlyish chasing!

We've had our first Blossom grooming Rodney session!

She was tentatively giving his beard some attention before I popped dinner in with them [emoji16]

Back