Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Bonding Take Two Fingers Crossed

best wishes to you all
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

if you're reading this it's too late.

Wise Old Thumper

Sending lots of vibes for Rodney. Some more Brambles perhaps?

I have applied more brambles to the situation and some rose prunings as well.

Blossom is showing him that they are nice and edible so he's eaten a couple more this time.

They're seeming closer today, I put the wire house we made for them in their bonding pen in so they can sit close with a barrier and they've gone straight back to using it.

Just needs lots of time for things to settle now I think.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Sounds like it’s going well

This all sounds really positive.

Terrible photo but first cuddles!

Unfortunately poo is also shrinking today. Hopefully it can be improved with some enticing hay and dried forage and I'll send hubby on another bramble hunt at lunchtime.

We're coming off Rantidine and Cisapride today just leaving the emeprid and metacam which I have reservations about but we shall see how it goes.

Forgot the photo

I hope the eating/poop situation gets better. Will they eat fibafirst sticks and chopped grass such as Readigrass?

The fibafirst sticks yes, I have the plain ones and they seem to love those. Although I see some of the flavoured ones have higher fibre content so maybe I should get some of those.

I usually let them have one a day but I could increase that.

Readigrass not so much, Rodney doesn't seem to like the smell so anything it touches he won't go near. I've tried a few kinds.

I have some fresh grass growing and have been giving little bits of that but am very conscious it needs to last for a while.

Am I right in thinking he’s due back at the vets today? And he’s maybe having a dental soon? Normally I’d not give too many fibafirst sticks to avoid them not eating hay although I used to give mine 2 or 3 day each. And if he’s not eating much else maybe you could give him more ? I always decided when I was trying to keep Frosty’s guts going when he was going in for a dental I would give him whatever he would eat, especially if it had a lot of fibre in it.