• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Take Two Fingers Crossed

I think it looks like they have accepted one another and it will be just a matter of time when you will know they are definitely bonding, :thumb:

Rodney seems to have slipped backwards this morning and has refused breakfast. He seems really tired even though he seems to have slept for ages.

I feel like I could cry the vets said he was bright and cheery and had normal output and I'm not seeing any of that. Maybe he just needs more time to get over the stress of the vets.

I feel like he might be missing his own cage and I'm just not sure what to do. He's very lungy with Blossom but on the plus side he follows her around at times and comes to investigate what she's eating so she's keeping him moving which is good.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

I think we'll move them today after work.

His cage can be segmented so it's only a little bigger than they're in now so that were not expanding too quickly. Then we can add some space if they're doing well.

You could try them in his normal place? Perhaps he finds the bonding space stressful.
Lopsy was petrified of Chibbs until we put him back in his playhouse, where he went straight back to normal silly-ole-Lopsy and Chibbs was much the same, cautiously curious :) I did worry she'd get territorial over something in there (I'd literally just left it as-is from taking Lopsy out that morning, it was a damp January day!) but she just took her time finding things while Lopsy watched her/interfered and it all, thankfully, went fabulously :D We left them there a week before opening the door to the run. I recall, when we let them into the run, Lopsy ran straight over to where the tunnel to the hutch goes and was well put out that it was locked off :lol: They had another week in there and then we opened the hutch tunnel, and then I can't remember how long we left it but it was just short of a week I think, and then we let them out for the first time onto the lawn (not a 24/7 space). I dont think we'd have left it as long if Chibbs wasn't so cautious with tunnels she hadn't been down before.
It's really hard finding the right balance!

I'm really sorry Rodney didn't want breakfast and seems so tired. Poor boy. Sending lots of vibes for him. I hope it helps him to be in his own cage again if you do end up moving them.

He is on his metacam for 5 days. 0.9ml of the Dog stuff twice a day which is the highest dose he's had bless him. I do think he needs the dental, he seems to prefer 3rd cut soft hay and softer greens rather than crunchy.

My usual vet is back on Monday and I feel terrible as this one has been really good but I think I might ask him to ask her opinion on it. I think he's one of those buns that can't deal with little spurs.

The vets asked us to update them today so am waiting for a call back. He's had a few muscousy string joined poo that I've not seen before post stasis and I'm wondering if they've given him antibiotics.

He's also been spotted doing a pee shuffle with no urine produced that hubby could tell. That could be as his fluid levels have dropped as he has drunk some but not loads. Or it could be his sludge has returned.

He doesn't seem to like anything that can help him poor boy, I tried bio lapis in his water but no luck. Shall have to wait until the Pro C arrives to see if that helps. In the meantime I might suggest to the vet that I syringe him some fluids.

His nuggets should arrive this evening so I shall wet those and offer some.

I think he might move around more in his own cage and possibly chase her a bit. He's currently flopped out with hubby showing off his beautiful fluff.
c23edd1dbe467b5cbee3ea7d2c354cfd.jpg

That sounds fantastic! Jane (Inspector Morse) puts something in her Rabbit's water to get him to drink more.

Vodka....... * JOKE*

I use this in weak warm peppermint tea for Lord H

https://www.vetark.co.uk/shop/rabbits-and-other-furries/health/proc-professional/

If Rodney does not like sweet things try just the peppermint tea. Or any of these

https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/gol-ui...l-tea-44/clipper-nettle-tea-bags--organic-x20

https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/gol-ui...trawberry--raspberry---cranberry-tea-bags-x20

https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/gol-ui...-infuse-apple-cucumber-mint-green-tea-x12-30g

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

I may need to start adding that to my water [emoji23]

I shall do a big tea order, luckily I'll probably drink all of those even if Rodney rejects them.

Buns are now in Rodney's cage and are about the same as they were in the neutral one so far.

But there's much more running about and such which is great for Rodney.

He hasn't eaten dinner or any of the nuggets the vet nurse said he loved. The vet said he'll consult with our usual exotic lady on Monday who unfortunately knows Rodney far too well. In the meantime we shall top him up with feeds. He did eat one dethorned bramble leaf so I shall collect more tomorrow.

Hopefully now he's home he might relax a bit and eliminate the stress element. Although I expect Blossom adds a bit, she's mostly just asked him for grooms and then left him alone if he refuses. He did give her a nice long head groom earlier too.

Thank you. At least in this cage they can't wake me up at 5 by rattling bars [emoji1787] I'm sure they'll find something else.

He took his 8PM meds and critical care like a champ which is sooo rare. Think hubby swooped him up while he was sleeping.

Thank you for all the vibes and support.

He seems a better today. He ate the softest parts of his romaine leaf and drank a fair bit overnight. The poo seems to be improving in size and volume and no more mucus which is great.

He seems far more relaxed in his cage so I think it was the right call. They're tolerating each other well and just the occasional nip attempt from him when she's too close for too long.

They woke me up at 4am for breakfast and I must admit I gave in so I could go back to sleep for a bit [emoji1787]

I'm so glad Rodney seems better and more relaxed today, and that the bonding is going well, too. :love: It definitely sounds like you did the right thing by moving them into his cage. 4am is quite early for breakfast, but I don't blame you at all for giving in. :lol:

Rodney is definitely improving. He passed a massive clump of strung together poo which sidnt have the normal gaps between.

Hopefully he'll continue to improve when he comes off the rantdidine and cisapride tomorrow. Just emeprid and metacam after that for a few days.

Bonding wise they seem very much like two bunnies just coexisting in the same space however there have been a couple of tentative grooms again so hopefully all is well.

Back