• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Xmas tree fears

Craig 1965

Warren Veteran
Any buns rabbits frightened by their Xmas tree or lights?
I’ve been wondering why Lillian and leo haven’t been coming in our living room the last week. I’ve been flapping cause I thought perhaps Lillian was having one of her spells and I’ve been checking her like mad but she’s been fine. So I’ve been puzzled. Usually about 7pm the duo pop into the living room and spend the evening keeping wife’s feet company but the last week they’ve not.
Our tree went up Xmas eve and that’s when they stopped coming in.
Tonight for the first time in a week, Lillian bounced in and wondered down to the tree end of the room and presented as really nervous/anxious and took one look at the lights and tree and went to hide and sit under the table - usual spot. Leo joined her and they are cosied up. But the tree and/or lights are definitely spooking them.
Anyone else got bunnies that don’t like their Xmas trees?

I haven't got one Craig, but I have a light that throws moving Christmassy figures onto the ceiling. Treacle kept thumping when it was on, so it's been off all Christmas. Maybe it's just the sudden change of their environment ?

Last edited:
I have a dog that moves himself out to the kitchen when I put the tree up :roll: He does get used to it but makes it very clear he doesn't like all the changes. He's a spooky wussy kind of fellow bless him, comes with growing up in a shed. I can understand the bunnies getting upset by it though - there's a lot of changes around Christmas.

It's new and different so unsurprising :) I was very surprised that moving the giant tarp I've had covering the car past the run and slinging it over the washing line didn't set Chibbs off but she was just interested in what I was doing. Aboleth wasn't a fan of anything new being one-eyed, so if anybun has sight (or other sense) issues that may be a problem. Lopsy's mostly deaf but also super easy going so is rarely scared by anything he can see coming :)

Back