• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cheeky nighttime antics (photo overload warning!!)

dollyanna

Alpha Buck
Took these last night, never great quality due to lighting but I thought they were cute.
They were particularly "helpful" while we were cleaning out last night :lol: I didn't share the bottom-nibbling photo for my the sake of my husband's dignity :D
And then Freja took herself off into the igloo to sleep and I sneaked a few photos through the doorway :love:

XD4qNstl.jpg

nGrc0M4l.jpg

ELOQeBil.jpg

cXM3gPjl.jpg

gZQNDf7l.jpg

Kk6qEhSl.jpg

Sfjd0nAl.jpg

gpZoyn9l.jpg

yPpHeK1l.jpg

3IiJCQxl.jpg

F3ScTSrl.jpg

CmUuX9Ol.jpg

RxuNKSbl.jpg

jl3snIhl.jpg

jxSwrXYl.jpg

Bottom nibbling :lol: I've been nipped, once, but Chibbs likes to nibble my shoes :roll: She sometimes has too much in common with my first rabbit for my liking :lol: Maybe he's come back to 'haunt' me with more mischief!

Lovely big bunnies :love:

Oh they look so happy! Lovely photos!

I really like the metal cube feeder in the photos- would you be able to let me know where you got it from? Thanks

I really like the metal cube feeder in the photos- would you be able to let me know where you got it from? Thanks

So if I'm reading correctly, you have an elderly bun in his own room, and a baby on the way? Bun lives on hay and does well on this but you're worried about dust levels?
I'd say unless the baby is going to share the room, and Dennis is so active he stirs the dust up all the time, it really won't be a problem unless the baby happens to have a hay allergy.
I buy dust extracted hay made by NagBag, because I struggle terribly with hay even outdoors, but this is pretty tolerable, barely triggers even a tight chest unless I've been really shaking it up indoors. There are other makes of dustextracted. You could maybe use that for the bed, and fed his nice hay in a more controlled way to minimise dust?
The other alternative would be to use something like hemp bedding. Or - though this might not be suitable - I use straw pellets as a base floor. They need to be dampened to make them swell, but once in position as a good thick layer they compress and dry out quite quickly, and make a lovely dense flooring - with giants I want to ensure a soft floor to protect their hocks, but it gives a great grip and might even be easier to move around on than a hay bed. It's also incredibly easy to tidy up, once compacted it literally just needs a light sweep with a flat edge to gather any food, hay or poo. Being pure straw it is edible, but also not very appealing, so would be safe for a chewer.

As for toys, I have 2 great cubes from The Range that my guys absolutely love - just wire mesh cubes, but I stuff them with different forage mixs and they love chucking them around. There's some photos in my recent photo thread. Using bigger/longer forages takes more work, smaller particles fall through very quickly, ideally get a good balance between the two. Great with things like dried plantain, oat hay, shorter hays and readigrass.

:)

As Mike has helpfully noted, they are both from The Range, about £4 and £3 respectively. They are the best thing I've got for them I think, they really enjoy chucking them about, tugging food from them, and occasionally swiping each other over the head with them :lol:

As Mike has helpfully noted, they are both from The Range, about £4 and £3 respectively. They are the best thing I've got for them I think, they really enjoy chucking them about, tugging food from them, and occasionally swiping each other over the head with them :lol:

Thank you both! I will need to get them for my buns

Back