• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Water Bowls and Dewlaps

This beautiful little lady Blossom in addition to giving me and hubby regular heart attacks has a large dewlap.

Every so often I can see she's soaked it taking a drink. What do you guys do to help with this?

Currently using crock bowls although I do have a water bowl holder from manor pet housing as well where the bowls are set into it.

She drinks far too much for a bottle to be practical. I've heard of using a ball to help them but what type of ball?
d23d0aa42dd39908e14d1af53b768a95.jpg

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

I've no idea if it would help enough, but we have a ceramic rabbit specific bowl made by Denby - was a gift from a friend who collects - but it has a smaller opening than the bowl is wide. I wonder if something like that would help? So leaning over the edge would maybe move the dewlap out the way and keep it clean instead of dangling in?
Closest thing I can think of is a spaniel dog bowl, designed to keep ears out.

Oooh thanks I'll maybe give those a go. I've noticed it's more with shallow bowls I guess because the lip usually pushes the dewlap back.

Those ear prevention ones look great.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Back