• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

PLEASE HELP. Outdoor to indoor. Chest infection.

xlaurax

Mama Doe
Hi gang

I'm hoping someone could give me a bit of advice as the vet has advised we move Bluebell inside. She had pneumonia earlier in the year (has since recovered) but she's now got a chest infection. Antibiotics have been prescribed but the vet says she must move inside.

I'm worried about Bramble getting ill from being moved inside (I won't separate them)

Are there any health risks moving Bram into the house?

Thanks
Laura

Last edited:
The best thing would be for both of them to come in but they will have to stay in until the weather warms up. Can you have them both indoors? I hope Bluebell is soon better.

The best thing would be for both of them to come in but they will have to stay in until the weather warms up. Can you have them both indoors? I hope Bluebell is soon better.

Thank you. Yes I can keep them both in I just don't know enough about their temps in terms of how they can get ill from it. I thought the bigger risk was when you put them both outside. Which ofc I can wait until the weather gets warmer. I just didn't know If there's a risk of them getting ill from getting warm when they move in. They've always lived outdoors apart from brief times during exceptionally hot weather etc

Thank you. Yes I can keep them both in I just don't know enough about their temps in terms of how they can get ill from it. I thought the bigger risk was when you put them both outside. Which ofc I can wait until the weather gets warmer. I just didn't know If there's a risk of them getting ill from getting warm when they move in. They've always lived outdoors apart from brief times during exceptionally hot weather etc

I think you'll probably help with the transition if you can keep their indoors a little cooler initially. I adopted an outside bun in February & just kept him in the coolest room. For the first few days he favoured draughty areas but it wasn't long before he was the biggest fire hogger going. I'd only worry if the move was from in to out at Winter, you'll be able to tell if they are physically uncomfortable heat wise & adjust accordingly . I hope both buns cope well & Bluebell makes a good recovery

I think you'll probably help with the transition if you can keep their indoors a little cooler initially. I adopted an outside bun in February & just kept him in the coolest room. For the first few days he favoured draughty areas but it wasn't long before he was the biggest fire hogger going. I'd only worry if the move was from in to out at Winter, you'll be able to tell if they are physically uncomfortable heat wise & adjust accordingly . I hope both buns cope well & Bluebell makes a good recovery

Thank you :)

I brought them inside and kept them in the dining room (which leads onto the conservatory) with the outside door open from the conservatory to keep it cooler. They seem fine with the temp at the moment and I'm hoping to adjust them more tomorrow.

Thank you both for the advice :love:

Back