• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this an impossible dream?

Beapig

Mama Doe
Merry Christmas everyone :) <3

This is probably near-impossible but, I think about it all of the time. A lot of you will know that Plumpkin was my 'soul bunny'. She was really a once in a lifetime bunny for me and I miss her all of the time.

She had a litter of 6 babies, which were also being given away for free. My biggest regret in the world is that I didn't also take a couple of her babies. If I had known that she would only live a year longer, I absolutely would have done. I'd love to have a sense of her living on through her children. It would be really really special.

One of her babies was born with only one ear (or Plumps bit it off - she was living in a very stressful environment after all and was very ill). Every day, I look on Gumtree to see if I can see a white and black spotted bunny with one ear. I don't imagine that they're very common. And as they were free, I imagined they would have been rehomed quite quickly, within the local area of South Wales.

Obviously, I should hope most of all that her babies all went to really loving homes, and have a better chance of a happy, healthy life than she did. But they may have also been taken on a whim, as pets for kiddies, and therefore may want to get rid of them in a few years time.

Anyway, I look every day. I know it is probably stupid and near-impossible. But if you ever see a white bunny with black spots, that only has one ear...please let me know <3

No, its not impossible:love: strange, beautiful & unlikely things do happen. I get why you'd want this

No, its not impossible:love: strange, beautiful & unlikely things do happen. I get why you'd want this

Thank you for your kimd response, Joey&Boo. I feel a bit silly for having it in the back of my mind but, it would be lovely. I know that a lot of people don't see pets as 'for life' and that they can get passed around a lot. So my eyes will always be open. The baby would only be a couple of years old now.

It’s not impossible. Your following your heart abd sometimes when a heart is strong, fate has a funny way of showing her hand. Plumpkin left her mark on many hearts - mine being one, and perhaps when plimpkins spirit is ready, she will guide you towards one of her babies. I’m a great believer in fate and when you least expect it, you may suddenly find your dream. Xx

I think it is a wonderful dream to have and it's not silly imo. It shows your heart and love you had for your baby girl [emoji178]

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Certainly not silly, and I really hope you get your wishes. I too am a big believer in fate, and you've put the thoughts out there now, so who knows ? I would love this to happen for you xx

I totally understand why you would feel this way. Losing a soul bunny is the hardest thing :cry: we are so lucky to have had a soul bunny but it’s so hard to lose them :cry: If any of Plumpkin’s babies did find their way to you they would be very lucky :love: you could try asking at local rescues and also in pets at home in case any of them find their way there.

I would've given anything to find that any of the puppies that my bridge dog, Shadow, had with my bridge dog, Dusty, were being offered back to me somehow. It was years ago, and I still think of them. The runt in particular was a favorite and I miss her to this day.
Not an impossible dream at all and certainly worth wishing for. I do hope you find the one you're seeking. xxxx

Fate is usually very cruel but just every now and then it takes your breath away with something amazing.

My soul-bun was Artie, a black lop. A year after I lost him I searched hard for a black lop to rescue. Should have been an easy task, you would think. I had given up searching when I went to a rescue open day and there I found a black lop, Annakin (renamed Anarchy).

Only a couple of years later I lost Anarchy to a liver torsion. The search started again.

On the free ads I found a bonded pair of mini lops that I had a suspicion had been adopted from the same rescue as Anarchy, I enquired about them and informed the rescue of my suspicions. They had indeed been adopted only six weeks earlier:censored:

We negotiated that the rabbits go back to the rescue and I formally adopted them.

I finally get round to the fate part - I was drawn to this pair as the female was black, but it turns out that the beige male is in fact Anarchy's son. I had no idea until I had formerly adopted them!

Last edited:
In July I lost my soul bunny Madelyn. She can never be replaced. In October I got Amber who caught my eye when I was buying supplies at a pet store. She is a lionhead too, though different coloring except for the same brown eyes. Sometimes I feel like Amber is channeling Madelyn, and more than once I called her Maddie. I got Amber's brother,Zorro, a month later after he was bullied in the store.
This Christmas I thought about my Maddie and how she could comfort me during difficult times. Yes, if she had a litter I would want to locate the babies.
In searching for Plumpkins baby, you may get lucky and find her baby-or perhaps a sister or grandchild. Sending you much luck in your search.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for your support everyone :cry::love: It will probably never happen but, I'll keep looking all the same.

Back