• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nuetered Rabbits have started fighting

johnp

New Kit
My two male nuetered rabbits are fighting. They have been living together quite happily for a few months now but in the last couple of days they are proper attacking each other. The only differance in there living area is that i moved the hutch to the other side of the garage. They have full use of the garage and garden so room to get away is not a problem. The only thing I can think of is that the hutch use to belong to Bobby 1 (we got another rabbit from here who was also called bobby) and some of bobby 1's scent was still on there. We have sepperated the bunnies at the moment in the hope that this will help.
Any one got any ideas as i dont wont to let one go unless i have too.

I had two males years ago, and despite being neutered they started fighting and had to be separated. I still have Sunny (Toby died three years ago unfortunately), and he still hates other rabbits... So you might have to separate them for good and try to find them a neutered female friend each...

Vera

How long was it before you decided that they had to be seperated forever. The only problem is that I dont think i will be able to seperate them for too long or only one will be able to go outside (Loppy has big feet and he doesn't like being picked up and moved at the same time) and they both like to sit in the corner of the garage.

" males even done ,is not recomented as this often happends, there are i know people out there that have done it but i never recomend it as all to often it ends in tragedy, the best pairing is allways male and female. Ive even then occasionaly come across a doe that just will not tolarate a buck as they are too territorial. If u split them they will not go back together but its not fair to leave them together if they are fighting. val :cry:

My 2 chaps got on really well, I had them neutered and they started fighting with each other. It has now stopped and they are best chums and get on perfectly with each other. I hope it all settles down for you soon. My boys have never been apart!

Well I have too part with young Bobby but he should be going to a new home, he went to a lady called Jane who knows someone who wants a male netherland dwarf for her doe (Jane runs a re-home centre and really cares for her bunnies). We are also trying a lovely lop eared doe called Honey with Loppy so hopefully all will be well, Loppy took quite a pounding off Bobby and has lost most of his nose (the vet said he should make a speedy recovery but he has a rather sore patch). Its such a shame as Bobby is a really sweet bunny but as soon as he saw Loppy he was attacking him with such venom that I dont think they will ever be pals again. I will keep posting updates on Loppy's new lady friend Honey.

Back