• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Treat ball, cruel or fun?

This is the result of Zeus chasing the ball around a 2nd time for about 30mins [emoji1787][emoji7][emoji1787]
Only problem is I'm meant to sit at my desk for a work meeting and can't now [emoji1787][emoji1787]
b09816fe653acc715628aab970e1c16d.jpg

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

:love:

She accompanies it with a very demanding glare :shock::lol:
That might just make it even cuter. :lol:

This is the result of Zeus chasing the ball around a 2nd time for about 30mins [emoji1787][emoji7][emoji1787]
Only problem is I'm meant to sit at my desk for a work meeting and can't now [emoji1787][emoji1787]
b09816fe653acc715628aab970e1c16d.jpg

Awww, Zeus. That's an impressive DBF. :love: You'll just have to cancel your work meeting. :lol:

Lopsy had one for a while when he was on his own. A video of the treatball and the tube-rewards. We couldn't give him anything food-reward-related with Aboleth because she'd get frustrated if she didn't think she was getting her share and take it out on him :( The treatball was a pretty fancy one with chanageable settings: the first time we tried it we had the holes open all the way and the pellets just fell out [emoji38] It was how we fed Lopsy his pellets while he was on his own :) He's pretty deaf we now know so he only realised it was empty after a faw minutes of pushing the empty ball around! He needed the exercise [emoji38]
Awww cutie [emoji7][emoji173] hahaha I can totally see how the frustration of not getting enough would happen [emoji33]

Yes we had this.

Primrose got it right away (mini rex with a labrador type hunger) and would happily nudge until all the treats were eaten.

Her first partner Flop would follow behind and hope she would miss some (rarely).

Rodney missed the idea completely and ripped the entire ball open and tried to eat the plastic as well as the treats [emoji1787] no more treat balls in this house!

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk
Hahaha oh dear [emoji1787] talk about frustration at an empty treat ball [emoji1787]

That might just make it even cuter. [emoji38]

Awww, Zeus. That's an impressive DBF. :love: You'll just have to cancel your work meeting. [emoji38]
Hahaha zoobec that sounds super cute!!

I ended up having the meeting but sitting on the floor giving Zeus strokes [emoji1787] luckily it wasn't a video meeting [emoji1787]
He's got the whole flat but just have to dbf where I need to be and it's too cute so I don't have the heart to move him [emoji173]

He's got the whole flat but just have to dbf where I need to be and it's too cute so I don't have the heart to move him [emoji173]
I'm no pushover or anything but I relaly don't have the heart to wake Lopsy when he's done such a DBF as that, where their ears fall and look normal!

I'm no pushover or anything but I relaly don't have the heart to wake Lopsy when he's done such a DBF as that, where their ears fall and look normal!
Hehehe same!
And they do the little leg twitches or lip twitches from dreaming, just can't disturb that [emoji173]

I ended up having the meeting but sitting on the floor giving Zeus strokes [emoji1787] luckily it wasn't a video meeting [emoji1787]

I approve of your great bunny parenting! Let the bunnies be the boss of everything! :lol:

That's understandable! Casper isn't allowed on my bed anymore, either, because he'd pee on it a lot and I got annoyed having to sleep under a waterproof blanket. :lol:

Yay, brilliant!!! Fantastic result!!!
I use them (in varying sizes!) for all my animals, the ponies have huge ones for the field and love them, the rabbits have small dog toys though I think they'd be better with bigger ones really (conti giants) but my dogs have always been deaf, so they play with them much longer - getting a lot of exercise in the process!! I sometimes chuck them out in the garden instead to combine it with a grass snuffle mat. Brilliant way to occupy them for quite a while.
The rabbits love them, I'm just struggling to find stuff to put in for them as they don't have pellets, but the ready chopped bags of carrot and swede from supermarkets work well when dehydrated and saves me a lot of chopping!! I'd like some really tiny grass pellets.The bigger grass pellets might fit in a bigger dog toy.

That's understandable! Casper isn't allowed on my bed anymore, either, because he'd pee on it a lot and I got annoyed having to sleep under a waterproof blanket. [emoji38]
Haha atleast Casper peed on the blanket, Athie has taken to peeing on the mattress [emoji852] usually digs up the blanket and then pees on the mattress and then Zeus follows and smells it and "claims" it back as his by peeing next to it... but on the blanket and I'm left having to sleep on the couch with my spare blanky [emoji852] one of these days I'm going to pee on their sleep spot [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Yay, brilliant!!! Fantastic result!!!
I use them (in varying sizes!) for all my animals, the ponies have huge ones for the field and love them, the rabbits have small dog toys though I think they'd be better with bigger ones really (conti giants) but my dogs have always been deaf, so they play with them much longer - getting a lot of exercise in the process!! I sometimes chuck them out in the garden instead to combine it with a grass snuffle mat. Brilliant way to occupy them for quite a while.
The rabbits love them, I'm just struggling to find stuff to put in for them as they don't have pellets, but the ready chopped bags of carrot and swede from supermarkets work well when dehydrated and saves me a lot of chopping!! I'd like some really tiny grass pellets.The bigger grass pellets might fit in a bigger dog toy.
Nice!
Yea today I filled it with some pellets, some broken up pieces of fenugreek cookies and some dried crispy banana :D
Think I might actually get a bigger one, realised this one has like a maze inside and that's why it's so insanely difficult to get the stuff out :(
Going to try again on Saturday, they got quite a few treats today so they need a diet day [emoji1787]

Haha atleast Casper peed on the blanket, Athie has taken to peeing on the mattress [emoji852] usually digs up the blanket and then pees on the mattress and then Zeus follows and smells it and "claims" it back as his by peeing next to it... but on the blanket and I'm left having to sleep on the couch with my spare blanky [emoji852] one of these days I'm going to pee on their sleep spot [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Casper peed on the mattress, too! He'd do the same as Athie, digging up all the blankets and then peeing on the mattress, so I had to really tuck in the blankets so he couldn't dig them up, and then once he couldn't he'd just pee on the blankets, so I covered everything with two large waterproof blankets and tucked those in, too, so he couldn't move them, but then he'd chew holes in them and the pee would go through the holes so my bed would get wet anyway, and... :roll: At least Sophie never did. I'm sorry Zeus then joins the party and pees next to it, making you sleep on the couch... :( Taking revenge by peeing in their sleep spot sounds like the best idea. That'll teach them! :lol:

Nice!
Yea today I filled it with some pellets, some broken up pieces of fenugreek cookies and some dried crispy banana :D
Think I might actually get a bigger one, realised this one has like a maze inside and that's why it's so insanely difficult to get the stuff out :(
Going to try again on Saturday, they got quite a few treats today so they need a diet day [emoji1787]

Do you know which one you have? PAH have little balls if you hav smallish rabbits, literally just a ball with a slider so you can alter the hole size too - make it big and easy to start with and gradually make it smaller to last longer. Only a couple of quid, they sell them for chickens too (mine was the hens' til the bunnies came along).
But there are so many for dogs and cats it's not hard to find different ones to try, and once they get the hang of them they get a lot of fun out of it - you can just feed their daily pellet ration from them each day instead of a bowl to increase movement, increase eating time and add mental stimulation.
I have almost every dog version going, and I suspect I'll start collecting the smaller ones for the rabbits now....
The other thing mine enjoy is a bird feeder cage with a nut feeder inside, the vaguely squirrel proof ones. I got a little one, and put pellet/dried food down the middle into the peanut feeder part, then loosely filled the outer part with hay, so that as they throw it around the dry food slowly trickles out through the hay. Great fun to chuck around, albeit messy if you have house rabbits!

Casper peed on the mattress, too! He'd do the same as Athie, digging up all the blankets and then peeing on the mattress, so I had to really tuck in the blankets so he couldn't dig them up, and then once he couldn't he'd just pee on the blankets, so I covered everything with two large waterproof blankets and tucked those in, too, so he couldn't move them, but then he'd chew holes in them and the pee would go through the holes so my bed would get wet anyway, and... :roll: At least Sophie never did. I'm sorry Zeus then joins the party and pees next to it, making you sleep on the couch... :( Taking revenge by peeing in their sleep spot sounds like the best idea. That'll teach them! [emoji38]
Oh dear! Casper sounds like he was very determined!
It sucks because Zeus doesn't like not having access to the bedroom, but just have to for now.
Hahaha only problem is if I did take revenge then I'd be the one having to clean it [emoji1787]

Do you know which one you have? PAH have little balls if you hav smallish rabbits, literally just a ball with a slider so you can alter the hole size too - make it big and easy to start with and gradually make it smaller to last longer. Only a couple of quid, they sell them for chickens too (mine was the hens' til the bunnies came along).
But there are so many for dogs and cats it's not hard to find different ones to try, and once they get the hang of them they get a lot of fun out of it - you can just feed their daily pellet ration from them each day instead of a bowl to increase movement, increase eating time and add mental stimulation.
I have almost every dog version going, and I suspect I'll start collecting the smaller ones for the rabbits now....
The other thing mine enjoy is a bird feeder cage with a nut feeder inside, the vaguely squirrel proof ones. I got a little one, and put pellet/dried food down the middle into the peanut feeder part, then loosely filled the outer part with hay, so that as they throw it around the dry food slowly trickles out through the hay. Great fun to chuck around, albeit messy if you have house rabbits!
Erm not sure, it's just a cheapy one I got online from viovet. But definitely going to have a look at some others, want to get 2 that they like :)

Ooo that's an interesting idea with the bird feeder, will have to give it a look thanks :D

Oh dear! Casper sounds like he was very determined!
It sucks because Zeus doesn't like not having access to the bedroom, but just have to for now.
Hahaha only problem is if I did take revenge then I'd be the one having to clean it [emoji1787]

He was!

Aww, Zeus wants to be the boss of every room!

That's... sadly true. :lol:

Got mine from PAH in 2014 and they didn't have any of those but the £8 for the cat ball I got wasn't wasted in the end :D I even regifted it!

Back