• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Treat ball, cruel or fun?

Have they worked out the boba lot yet? Fern makes a right racket with hers [emoji38]
Ooops missed this :( sorry!
Nope [emoji2356] think they're too gentle [emoji1787] they just poke at it but not enough to even slightly tip it.
Gonna give it a few more tries but if not then they'll donate it to their corgi buddy Hank [emoji16]

They love their new ball though and chase it until it's empty :D

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Ooops missed this :( sorry!
Nope [emoji2356] think they're too gentle [emoji1787] they just poke at it but not enough to even slightly tip it.
Gonna give it a few more tries but if not then they'll donate it to their corgi buddy Hank [emoji16]

They love their new ball though and chase it until it's empty :D

:lol: Fern is very strong and loves to move things around. She moves her fairly heavy dog bed around by lifting it under the edge with her nose :shock: and when she shoves me in the shin it’s quite hard :lol:

[emoji38] Fern is very strong and loves to move things around. She moves her fairly heavy dog bed around by lifting it under the edge with her nose :shock: and when she shoves me in the shin it’s quite hard [emoji38]
Hehehe maybe Fern needs to come teach these 2 how to move things [emoji1787]
They never move stuff around if it doesn't move easily.
I am thinking maybe instead to remove the top cap from the boobler to give them an edge to grab hold on but suspect they'd just sit there chewing it instead [emoji1787]

Hehehe maybe Fern needs to come teach these 2 how to move things [emoji1787]
They never move stuff around if it doesn't move easily.
I am thinking maybe instead to remove the top cap from the boobler to give them an edge to grab hold on but suspect they'd just sit there chewing it instead [emoji1787]

:lol: I think Hank might be getting a new toy ;):lol:

[emoji38] I think Hank might be getting a new toy ;)[emoji38]
Hehehe yup [emoji1787]
On the upside apparently Hank has one of those brainteaser toys he's too smart for now, so he's going to be giving it for Zeus and Athie, maybe the boys are more brainy than forcey [emoji848]

Hehehe yup [emoji1787]
On the upside apparently Hank has one of those brainteaser toys he's too smart for now, so he's going to be giving it for Zeus and Athie, maybe the boys are more brainy than forcey [emoji848]

Ooh that sounds good :wave:

They're not toy challenged anymore!!! [emoji3060][emoji3060][emoji3060]

I stuck a few raisins in there and they went mental [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787] and now they get their daily fenugreek via ball and boop-a-lot [emoji16][emoji16]

Zeus attacking the ball for the 2 raisins
Ball attack https://imgur.com/a/XzSn71q

Both of them attacking Mr Boop-a-lot for their fenugreeks
Boop-a-lot https://imgur.com/a/kdtNSmr

This is the most excited/active Zeus gets [emoji1787][emoji1787] this is post excitement [emoji1787][emoji1787]
854e3aa028601fbae9ee0ab1314474a9.jpg

And yup Zeus is attempting to get a fenugreek piece out of Athie's mouth in the video [emoji15]

:lol: Fern is very strong and loves to move things around. She moves her fairly heavy dog bed around by lifting it under the edge with her nose :shock: and when she shoves me in the shin it’s quite hard :lol:
Aboleth was very strong too :D She nearly pushed me over while I was crouched down once :lol:

Those videos :D Slidey Zeus! When we had Lopsy inside half his area was laminate and he'd chase his treatbal out onto it and try and get up speed by running on the spot cartoon-style, and then headfirst the barriers when he couldn't stop :lol:

Aboleth was very strong too :D She nearly pushed me over while I was crouched down once [emoji38]

Those videos :D Slidey Zeus! When we had Lopsy inside half his area was laminate and he'd chase his treatbal out onto it and try and get up speed by running on the spot cartoon-style, and then headfirst the barriers when he couldn't stop [emoji38]
Oh wow [emoji33] sounds like a super strong bunny [emoji33]

Hehehe yea the non carpeted area is my kitchen 'moat', meant to deter them from bullying me in the kitchen too much but he doesn't care when he's got the ball [emoji1787]

It's funny when he's sitting on the wooden floor and can just see his little front paws slowly sliding [emoji1787]

Awww poor cutie Lopsy [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787] the idea of the cartoon run though has me giggling [emoji1787][emoji1787]
Those videos are so great. [emoji38]:love: Good job figuring it out, Zeus and Athie! Those raisins must've been magic. [emoji38]

Haha Zeus would take on a lion, traverse a mountain or break the space time continuum for a raisin [emoji1787][emoji1787] his favourite are the big white ones that make him sound like a slobbering chipmunk when he's chewing it [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Two of my three rabbits have absolutely zero interest in regular toys/balls so i don't think they find it 'fun' as such but it stimulates them and keeps them busy instead of just sleeping and munching hay all day. I suppose it is more frustrating than just being handed a bowl full of food, but it must be nicer than having no food at all :lol: Elmo plays with the treat ball the most but he loves throwing around the non-treat balls too

Two of my three rabbits have absolutely zero interest in regular toys/balls so i don't think they find it 'fun' as such but it stimulates them and keeps them busy instead of just sleeping and munching hay all day. I suppose it is more frustrating than just being handed a bowl full of food, but it must be nicer than having no food at all [emoji38] Elmo plays with the treat ball the most but he loves throwing around the non-treat balls too
Zeus was the same to start, he had no interest and took a bit of convincing. Probably helped that Athie liked it and showed him if you push the ball it gives yummy things [emoji14] he'd still much rather just sleep and be hand fed.

But I agree with you, it's good to do to keep them stimulated and get them moving a bit :)

Mine haven't yet thrown anything though, they tend to more scratch something out the way. Not sure they're actually keen on toys if it doesn't give a treat [emoji15][emoji1787]

Back