• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Will our bunnies be warm enough?

Willow218

New Kit
I'm worried our bunnies are cold in their hutch. There is ice on their run cover already and its not dark yet. So can we have some advice please.

Below is our hutch set up, I've got a Scratch & Newton hutch snuggle on order and we've got the hugger over the hutch, so it's windproof and waterproof. It's sheltered three sides and as you can see it's got straw which was very high but they've trampled it down. Two cardboard boxes to choose from one is full of straw and a microwave heat pad for night, which isn't staying that warm to be honest (it's a £6 one from B&M).

Do you think that's enough or do they need something else please. Don't think I'll ever stop worrying about these buns!
adca31c2dcbe5bfcd63e39ddbd75272c.jpg
3e36653a9b961d670136904529d64437.jpg
297d04b8127e845e06a7c29bd91fc661.jpg

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

They should have grown a thick winter coat by now and they have one another to snuggle up to so they should be ok. Have they got lots of Hay because they like to eat during the night and you could put a fleece blanket in but they might use that as their toilet. How old are they?

They are Netherland Dwarf girls and 17 weeks old. They need to be neutered as they are making a real mess spraying everywhere.

We've got blankets, do we just lay it on the straw? I'll put hay in as well in the bedroom, not that I'm convinced they sleep in there!

Have they been outside since birth? The snugglesafes are good for under water bowls and to snuggle on.

We got them at 12 weeks so end of September and they've been outside since then.

They seem perfectly happy and are looking plump with their winter coat.

I would suggest more straw for burrowing in or hay so they can eat and snuggle in at the same time.

My guys love a bunny depth worth.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

I would suggest more straw for burrowing in or hay so they can eat and snuggle in at the same time.

My guys love a bunny depth worth.
Mine too: the rest of their area is uncovered in case they get too hot but they get their massive carrier filled with hay, plus all their litter trays.

Back