• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Joey

Nigel84

New Kit
Thanks to everyone in the forum for your kind words, Joey was the sweetest pet to his parents and gave us the best 6 years ❤️ I’m very greatful for the support I’ve received from the lovely people here to get me through these difficult times 🤗 binky free Joe Joe and May you have delicious spinach forever x

Last edited:
you gave him the ultimate act of kindness, though I really do understand how much it hurts. I'd say do whatever you need to, talk about him, cry, write a tribute on here. Nothing will take the pain away but I think some of these things help.

Sweet dreams Joey, you were clearly deeply loved

He looks like a lovely bun. Sadly, their time with us is always going to be be too short, we can only endeavour to make their life with us as happy and trouble free as possible.
You did the ultimate act of kindness, you stopped him suffering
Richard

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Thank you Richard, I’m grateful for your advice, he was my first bunny and the first time I’ve had to make this decision, the kind replies are helping ease my grief 🙏🏻

You put his comfort above your own, an act of true love.
As someone who knows firsthand, you would also feel guilty if you did not make the decision and he passed in an unpleasant manner.
Sending you gentle hugs.
You may find writing a tribute to be helpful, even if tears flow with every word.

I'm sorry that you have lost your beloved bun, as others have said, you made the unselfish decision to help end his suffering, and put his needs first, however hard that was for you. If may help to write down all your memories of Joey, some find it a comfort posting a tribute on rainbow bridge. Sending you a gentle hug and R.I.P. Joey xx

You're giving me a special gift,
So sorrowfully endowed,
And through these last few cherished days,
Your courage makes me proud.

But really, love is knowing
When your best friend is in pain,
And understanding earthly acts
Will only be in vain.

So looking deep into your eyes,
Beyond, into your soul,
I see in you the magic, that will
Once more make me whole.

The strength that you possess,
Is why I look to you today,
To do this thing that must be done,
For it's the only way.

That strength is why I've followed you,
And chose you as my friend,
And why I've loved you all these years...
My partner 'til the end.

Please, understand just what this gift,
You're giving, means to me,
It gives me back the strength I've lost,
And all my dignity.

You take a stand on my behalf,
For that is what friends do.
And know that what you do is right,
For I believe it too.

So one last time, I breathe your scent,
And through your hand I feel,
The courage that's within you,
To now grant me this appeal.

Cut the ties that hold me here,
Dear friend, and let me run,
Once more a strong and steady Rabbit
My pain and struggle done.

And don't despair my passing,
For I won't be far away,
Forever here, within your heart,
And memory I'll stay.

I'll be there watching over you,
Your ever faithful friend,
And in your memories I'll run,
...a young healthy Rabbit once again.

Adapted from a poem by Karen Clouston

Cn4B0VA.jpg

RIP Joey xx

Thank you all so much for your kind replies and the lovely poem, you have seriously helped me through these difficult hours and helped me in knowing I made the right choice for little Joey xx

Nigel, I am so so very sorry for the loss of Joey. You are a far braver man and person than many - and although you are understandibly struggling to deal with the swiftness of events, you have given Joey the kindest of acts that you could and relieved him of his suffering. That takes more strength and courage than you can possibly know and many of us on the forum will fully understand the pain that you feel because of this. We often try and find a way to understand our pets leaving us - it leaves us all with a pain that is unique and is there because of the love we give our pets. We share their lives and they, ours. Their hearts intertwine with ours and Joey will take a piece of your heart with you - and this is the price we pay for the love we give.
I understand how you are viewing things - and I understand how you feel guilty. But this is natural and shows you are a deeply caring and emotional person who connects with others. Your unselfishness is a gift and you used it to give Joey a beautiful safe and loving life. We wish our pets could stay with us forever - and in a way, Joey will live with you forever in your heart. His spirit will be there when you want it and you listen for it.
It is always a difficult time, and healing will take it's own pace for you. Remembering him is the legacy he leaves you and it has taken huge courage to talk openly on the forum.
Binkey free beautiful Joey. xx
Hugs to you too, Nigel.

Thank you Craig for your kind words, you don’t know how helpful they are at a time like this. You and the other forum members are a huge help in easing this process, and I’m very grateful.
Thanks for taking the time to help me it shows what a decent person you are, and you have helped me greatly

Back