• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

10 year old Dutch constant mucky bum

Thanks for the comments, sorry it is 0.5ml of metacam NOT 5ml. [emoji85]

Ill keep it at 0.5ml for another week and see if i think its having any affect

Thank you will look at the dry bath option and read that article!
X

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
[emoji23] Bless ya! At least you didn't give that to your bunny xx

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

With regards to litter trays. I use for my little old lady (approx 12year), a small plastic cat bed, which is lower on one side, and also a carrier with the top half taken off stuffed with hay. I've also been supplementing/swapping some her pellets (Science selective) with Pro-Fibre pellets.
I might look at new pellets shes just so fussy!!! [emoji23] I had a look at different types of toilets i could use, going to try out some new ideas!

I second the snugglesafes.

My sister in laws elderly boy absolutely adored them even as an indoor lionhead.

He would curl around them in the day and sleep directly planted on them at night (wrapped in thick fleece) as he was tiny.

Primrose also used to rest her chin on them when her teeth started bothering her.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk
She literally ignores her snugglesafe and purposefully sits the other side of the room!!! Most expensive floor decoration i ever bought [emoji23][emoji23]

I use a dog bed for my arthritic bun and recently use folded blanket by its entrance to reduce the hop in further. My bun is on metacam & I give Oxbow Joint Support tabs twice daily. I'd been using these for a couple of years - was unsure if they helped until we ran out & there was a huge deterioration.

Heat sources !! My bun cuddles the radiator & spoons her snugglesafe, I think they are a big comfort to her old bones
I started the oxbow joint support tabs before xmas... Good to know they have an effect as its hard to tell!

Some buns like a plastic hot water bottle wrapped in blankets to snuggle instead that might be worth a try?

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Back