• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lillian and her bell

Craig 1965

Warren Veteran
Some months ago, when I mentioned on the forum about Lillian and her dinner bell, someone pasted a reply saying that they hoped Lillian was using her paws to ring the bell when she wanted some food. Well, it's taken many patient months but this morning at 6am I was fortunate enough to capture the moment and the way Lillian uses her bell. Yes that is her front left paw on the top of the bell pressing it!
I was a tad tired when I took this because our bathroom fell to bits at quarter past 12 last night - specifically the shower screen decided it had had enough of being in it's holder and slid our from it's home, crashing into the bath, gouging 2 huge holes out of the bath, tearing a hole out of a tile and smashing the path panel. The shower sreeen didn't break (luckily) but suffice to say we now need a new bath, retiling and shower screen. So I've not had much sleep and Lillian bashing her bell at 6am wanting breakfast was a bit of light releief for me today.
So for all you Lillian fans - enjoy madam and her tallents...
ekPKrOw.jpg
[/IMG]

Hahaha! Oh Lilly girl you are a clever poppet! I don’t think you can under estimate bunnies when it comes to cleverness and food. I can call Dennis by tapping and he comes out for his dinner. Sponge is too deaf to know :lol: Lillian you made my day :love:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh my goodness Craig, that is an eventful night ! Sorry about your bathroom woes, but the photo of Lillian is just priceless, that's really made my day. She really has you under the paw, quite literally ! Thanks for making me smile xx

Aww, Lillian is so clever! What an adorable and funny photo. :love: It's wonderful that she has a way of letting you know that it's time for breakfast. :love::lol:

I'm so sorry about your bathroom! It sounds like it'll be a lot of work, getting everything right again. That's so awful that it just fell to bits like that. No wonder you didn't get much sleep...

Aw yes, thankyou for taking the time to get the photo and post it :D Clever girl :D

I won't have shower screens in the house, they annoy me far more than curtains. Good luck getting your bath etc. sorted quickly for good value :)

She is so smart to be able to ring for the waiter when she wants to be served her breakfast. Does she ring for her dinner too?

She is so smart to be able to ring for the waiter when she wants to be served her breakfast. Does she ring for her dinner too?

She ring her bell whenever she wants food. She has the great presence of mind and intellect to associate a sensation of hunger or a desire for a treat, to then seek out and intentionally ring the bell. We have to work out what it is she wants. It might be pellets, a treat or greens/herbs. Suffice to say it keeps me on my toes.

Craig that photo is just hilarious! What a clever rabbit :love:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is such a brilliant photo!!
How did she first start using the bell? Did you give it to her as a toy, or did you associate it with food from the start?

Oh Craig what a horrid evening you had, hope all is improving.

I love the photo of Lillian and her bell that is just wonderful - what a beautiful clever girl.

Back