• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sending away to bond

glitterdust

Warren Scout
What are your thoughts on sending bunnies away for bonding? I really dont know whether to send my bunnies away to bond or do it myself. I've heard that after they have been away to be bonded, when they come back , you still have to do bonding anyway, so wouldn't it just make sense to do it myself?
They are currently booked in for 1 month of bonding as a trio after Xmas , but I have decided I am only bonding 2 together Now and I'm going to get Dolly a friend of her own once I have the space back.
I don't want To send my babies away and disrupt there whole life for a whole month and then still have to bond them when they come home, it kind of defeats the object. I've researched alot and know what to expect and where I've went wrong in the past. I thought fur pulling was a bad sign and nipping was not allowed but apparently this is very normal and acceptable (ouch).
I can bond them in my extra small bedroom where neither have been.
Is 24/7 bonding or daily dates the best way forward, or is sending them away easier , less hassle and more likely to work.
Thank you again in advance.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

I don't really like the idea of sending Bunnies away unless all else has failed. So, put them together in a neutral area and keep them together and hopefully in about 2 or 3 days you will have 2 Rabbits who have accepted one another and are starting to bond. I am generous with the food, hay and any other healthy treats that they like as this seems to help them to feel more relaxed. Good luck!

I don't really like the idea of sending Bunnies away unless all else has failed. So, put them together in a neutral area and keep them together and hopefully in about 2 or 3 days you will have 2 Rabbits who have accepted one another and are starting to bond. I am generous with the food, hay and any other healthy treats that they like as this seems to help them to feel more relaxed. Good luck!
Thank you so much. [emoji173]

I think you can do this on your own - especially now it will be just a pair. I've always been too scared to send mine away too

My first bond was at the rescue, they were introduced and stayed there the weekend. That was great, worked for everyone involved :) Second we basically introduced them at the rescue, Lopsy was scared and just huddled in a corner so I took them home as they weren't very interact-y (a good sign!) and he was SO much happier back in his own home (4x4 playhouse which I hadn't had time/opportunity to de-scent). Chibbs was more cautious than him about new things so it worked really well for us :) Lopsy's not very smart and super laid back about other rabbits anyway :) He doesn't understand a lot of rabbit behaviour so the lady buns just walk all over him :lol: He'd be a great candidate for a trio I reckon XD

My first bond was at the rescue, they were introduced and stayed there the weekend. That was great, worked for everyone involved :) Second we basically introduced them at the rescue, Lopsy was scared and just huddled in a corner so I took them home as they weren't very interact-y (a good sign!) and he was SO much happier back in his own home (4x4 playhouse which I hadn't had time/opportunity to de-scent). Chibbs was more cautious than him about new things so it worked really well for us :) Lopsy's not very smart and super laid back about other rabbits anyway :) He doesn't understand a lot of rabbit behaviour so the lady buns just walk all over him [emoji38] He'd be a great candidate for a trio I reckon XD
[emoji1787][emoji1787] my garys like that,my daughter and I were just commenting before on how silly he is compared to the girls, hes clumsy, a bit dopey, he goes here, there and everywhere and seems to get nowhee, he does need neutering though so im thinking he might be better once neutered X

[emoji1787][emoji1787] my garys like that,my daughter and I were just commenting before on how silly he is compared to the girls, hes clumsy, a bit dopey, he goes here, there and everywhere and seems to get nowhee, he does need neutering though so im thinking he might be better once neutered X
Hopefully XD Lopsy was only with us a couple of weeks before he was neutered, and he seemed a bit weird but I thought it was because I'd only ever had 1 rabbit before (a netherland dwarf) and that was 17yrs beforehand! Turns out no, he is just a moron. But Chibbs isn't that smart either, they're a good match :lol: Aboleth was super smart in comparison and she wasn't always infallible. Lopsy's main 'direction' is food and that's never changed :D

Back