• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Zeus peed on me

cheriseru

Alpha Buck
Zeus has picked up a new bad habit [emoji24] don't know if it's because of Athena or what but after he was neutered he completely stopped pooping and peeing outside the litterbox. But the past week almost every night he's peed on my bed... I have 3 duvets that I rotate now :/ 1 on the bed, 1 in the wash and 1 drying so there's no way he can be smelling his wee.
But it's escalated now that he literally sat on me and peed :( 3 of us(me, Zeus, Athena) were sitting on the couch, they've got their tunnel area to the 1 side and I'm in the corner. Zeus hopped over and onto my legs(as he did earlier a few times) so I gave him a bit of a fuss and then felt my leg get all warm and he hopped off and he'd peed! [emoji24] it was the yellow/whiteish thick strong smelling that I think is marking not peeing.

I kinda understand him marking the bed or such because Athena goes on it as well, but she doesn't sit on my lap ever :( any ideas why he would be starting this new marking and how to I curb it? :(

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Try putting something like a waterproof cover/mattress protector over your quilt/bed to discourage him from wearing on it. It will be easier to clean up too. You can mop up puddles and neutralise with 50/50 vinegar/water mix. Weeing on soft surfaces is very common.

Back