Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please help.

Wise Old Thumper

Last edited by Babsie; 28-11-2020 at 09:09 AM.

Alpha Buck

I agree with what shimmer suggested never really had any issues with Zeus digging or such but since I've had Athena(girl just under 3months) I've had to get creative as she seems super bunny active with chewing and digging and such.
    They've got toys and are free roam, so figured she can't be bored. After some frustration and googling I realised it's just that she likes the feel of where she's digging/chewing and because it's familiar she'll stick to it.
    Especially there's one spot that she kept digging on the wood floor, as I can't really afford mats and carpets etc at the moment I just laid a piece of cardboard on the floor. She's completely stopped digging there and have nibbled on the cardboard a bit but soon looses interest and eats hay rather
    Also found that when their pen liner gets a bit dirty(when I have a lazy week and don't swap it out) she digs and chews at it, but stops as soon as I swap it out.
    Sadly with (most)bunnies comes chewing and digging and poops i would say just put something over the area to distract her

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

No offence taken at all. Any advice is welcome.

My boy is an absolute angel, must be a girl thing haha and she is so clever, I've gotten her some of the puzzle toys with 3 levels and she aced the highest level within 5 minutes, I think she just needs extra extra simulation.

I've just put a big Amazon order through for some grass mats, more tunnels, cardboard chewy thing and going to lay cardboard in the pieces of floor she likes to go crazy at and 🤞🏼🤞🏼 it helps.

I apologise for my original post, I feel I was in the middle of a slight breakdown 😂
    I would never ever re-home her at all, she's like my child. Thank you so much everyone for your help, I'm so glad I've found this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Skye_2020 View Post
    No offence taken at all. Any advice is welcome.

My boy is an absolute angel, must be a girl thing haha and she is so clever, I've gotten her some of the puzzle toys with 3 levels and she aced the highest level within 5 minutes, I think she just needs extra extra simulation.

I've just put a big Amazon order through for some grass mats, more tunnels, cardboard chewy thing and going to lay cardboard in the pieces of floor she likes to go crazy at and �������� it helps.

I apologise for my original post, I feel I was in the middle of a slight breakdown ��
    I would never ever re-home her at all, she's like my child. Thank you so much everyone for your help, I'm so glad I've found this site.
    I'm so pleased that you won't rehome her, she sounds a very happy normal bunny to me, but I can understand your frustration when they get destructive. I'm sure others have already said, but a sheet or a large fleece blanket over carpet or flooring, would help protect that, and puppy panels to shut off any areas that you want off limits. Good luck anyway xx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Good advice here.

All our girls have been more diggy.

Primrose especially enjoyed an underbed box of sterile soil. I'd just pop a big bit of cardboard to catch any spillage and sweep it back in.

It did need daily checks for poop and we usually did it more in Spring as we found her very diggy then.

Also a compressed straw bale unwrapped and left for them to dig out seems to be a favourite for Blossom.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk