Thread: Possible sore hocks?

Alpha Buck

Default Possible sore hocks?

Last night Zeus was flopping and I noticed a new pink/redish spot on his foot panic mode ensued obviously it's only on his 1 footsie and I tried holding him to investigate but he really doesn't like when I hold him in that paws to the front position so wasn't able to really check.
    Did manage to take some pics(with and without flash) while he was laying down though, I will get the vet to check on Monday but to prepare myself and get advice, could this be the start of sore hocks?

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Yea my buns all have them, dw too much, just don't want them to get worse, I'd say keep an eye for now

Carpet can make it worse iirc Idk what kind of flooring you have

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Alpha Buck

Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    Yea my buns all have them, dw too much, just don't want them to get worse, I'd say keep an eye for now

Carpet can make it worse iirc Idk what kind of flooring you have

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    Poop their main run around area is a carpet the rest is wood floors.
    Thank you though

Their main area is my lounge and room so not sure what else to use? :s

You could cover the carpet with cotton sheets. This provides a less abrasive contact surface x

I used to be ‘Jack’s-Jane’ but I have been logged out of that account and I can’t get back in !

Hidden-in - Sight.
    https://www.hiddeninsight.org/

Yup - looks very familiar. My bridge bun Henry had this. Zoomies on carpets was the culprit. Friction burns is a better way to describe it.
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Yes we had some success with cotton sheets and nice fluffy rugs for sleeping on (only for non chewers lol)

I made a bed from vet bed and then sewed it into a couple of cotton sheets which Primrose loved.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Alpha Buck

Thanks everyone will have to invest in some sheets
    Can't have my baby boy get sore hocks
    It's weird though because he really doesn't run around, he's the laziest bunny ever, most days he just flops or sploofs but have seen him sitting quite a bit lately. Think I've only seen him zoom once he does love doing the odd binky when food is involved