• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Possible sore hocks?

cheriseru

Alpha Buck
Last night Zeus was flopping and I noticed a new pink/redish spot on his foot [emoji33] panic mode ensued obviously :( it's only on his 1 footsie and I tried holding him to investigate but he really doesn't like when I hold him in that paws to the front position so wasn't able to really check.
Did manage to take some pics(with and without flash) while he was laying down though, I will get the vet to check on Monday but to prepare myself and get advice, could this be the start of sore hocks?
1a2aa05a2ef410459b51694c5f0f79d7.jpg
e9d21c763d8b4289cdca07be5322d2a7.jpg
716e10d6fac2cd19eb9d941beea4c13d.jpg
addb0c8ae6a10a84ad20decd4ef341b4.jpg
2f6702576112b5c7481bdc1a10e3496e.jpg
5ca610037d4a35c2d29b962eda90a534.jpg
4acb02d5d8f808e67073f1ca4a53e0f8.jpg

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Yea my buns all have them, dw too much, just don't want them to get worse, I'd say keep an eye for now :)

Carpet can make it worse iirc Idk what kind of flooring you have

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Yea my buns all have them, dw too much, just don't want them to get worse, I'd say keep an eye for now :)

Carpet can make it worse iirc Idk what kind of flooring you have

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Poop [emoji24] their main run around area is a carpet :( the rest is wood floors.
Thank you though :)

Their main area is my lounge and room so not sure what else to use? :s

Yup - looks very familiar. My bridge bun Henry had this. Zoomies on carpets was the culprit. Friction burns is a better way to describe it.

Yes we had some success with cotton sheets and nice fluffy rugs for sleeping on (only for non chewers lol)

I made a bed from vet bed and then sewed it into a couple of cotton sheets which Primrose loved.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone :) will have to invest in some sheets :D
Can't have my baby boy get sore hocks [emoji3064]
It's weird though because he really doesn't run around, he's the laziest bunny ever, most days he just flops or sploofs but have seen him sitting quite a bit lately. Think I've only seen him zoom once [emoji1787] he does love doing the odd binky when food is involved [emoji1787]

Back