• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit proofing flower beds

heleni

Warren Scout
I'm lucky to be able to let my rabbits run free range around the garden when I'm at home (which is most of the time at present) but they are decimating a fair few of my smaller plants - and trying their best on some of the larger ones. There seems to be very little that they won't nibble or chow down on. As soon as a bulb pokes its head up, they've taken the top off it (except daffodils for some reason). I've put chicken wire around a few new plants but it doesn't look very attractive. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to "fence off" some of the flower beds I'd like to keep them off? It's not a food-safety issue, more an attractive-garden one. They aren't jumpers so it doesn't have to be more than a foot or 18 inches to discourage them, but now that they've had the freedom I don't want to confine them to quarters too much. thank you!

I use puppy panels to fence off flower beds. They are easy to move and replace.

Bulbs should not be eaten by rabbits, so I would fence those off as well.

Puppy pens used for protecting everything here.

Just high enough to discourage jumping seems to work really well.

Good for attaching hanging toys too.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Just an update for those who helped me out - in the end puppy panels were too pricey for the amount I needed, so I got some picket-fence style edging from Wickes instead. It's only about 1ft high, but my rabbits are too lazy, too stupid or too unmotivated to try to get over it, and so it's working a treat and looks quite smart too.

Back