• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

New Vaccine

My vet did explain this to me but I've slept since then and I'm too embarrassed to call and ask again.

Rodney is due his Myxi jab at the end of Nov and then rhdv2 two weeks later.

So when do I book him in for the new vaccine?

I'll have the same challenge with Blossom as well although harder as hers are April for Myxi and August for rhdv2.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

I would book the new vaccine when the first of the two vaccines is due.

It is essential that the RHD2 vaccination status is up to date otherwise the new vaccine won't protect against RHD2, it will however still protect against myxomatosis if the previous vaccination status is overdue

Last edited:
Brilliant thank you.

I did think there needed to be a crossover with one but really wasn't sure at all which one it was.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

I would book the new vaccine when the first of the two vaccines is due.

It is essential that the RHD2 vaccination status is up to date otherwise the new vaccine won't protect against RHD2, it will however still protect against myxomatosis if the previous vaccination status is overdue

Sorry to hijack, what if the vaccine is overdue by only a few weeks? There are likely to be plenty of people in this situation due to longer waits for vet appointments

I don't know the answer to that one but I personally wouldn't want to risk it and would probably have Filavac done before the new vaccine to give it the best chance of protecting against RHD2.

Back