Thread: New Vaccine

Default New Vaccine

My vet did explain this to me but I've slept since then and I'm too embarrassed to call and ask again.

Rodney is due his Myxi jab at the end of Nov and then rhdv2 two weeks later.

So when do I book him in for the new vaccine?

I'll have the same challenge with Blossom as well although harder as hers are April for Myxi and August for rhdv2.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

I would book the new vaccine when the first of the two vaccines is due.

It is essential that the RHD2 vaccination status is up to date otherwise the new vaccine won't protect against RHD2, it will however still protect against myxomatosis if the previous vaccination status is overdue
    Last edited by Bunny Buddy; 21-11-2020 at 08:58 PM.
    My heart is in a thousand pieces for my soulmate stopped running today (22.05.13)

Brilliant thank you.

I did think there needed to be a crossover with one but really wasn't sure at all which one it was.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Buddy View Post
    I would book the new vaccine when the first of the two vaccines is due.

It is essential that the RHD2 vaccination status is up to date otherwise the new vaccine won't protect against RHD2, it will however still protect against myxomatosis if the previous vaccination status is overdue
    Sorry to hijack, what if the vaccine is overdue by only a few weeks? There are likely to be plenty of people in this situation due to longer waits for vet appointments
    Elmo and Cookie the Thrianta brothers ♥
    Princess the Lionlop

I don't know the answer to that one but I personally wouldn't want to risk it and would probably have Filavac done before the new vaccine to give it the best chance of protecting against RHD2.
    My heart is in a thousand pieces for my soulmate stopped running today (22.05.13)

I used to be ‘Jack’s-Jane’ but I have been logged out of that account and I can’t get back in !

Apologies if my posts read as being blunt. Failing eyesight makes it hard to type out long messages.