• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Work, bunny-lies, irritations and general MIA'ness

cheriseru

Alpha Buck
Hi all,
Gah the past couple weeks was brutal!!! :( headlines are work has been mental, the 'boarder' was a liar, vet went on leave, gender confusion, acquired a stalker, grumpy Zeus and we finally have grooming.

Ok let's break this down. I had 2 weeks of having to cover colleagues that went on holiday and massive issues at work so have been working way too long hours, at least it's been from home so yay!

The 'boarder' was a liar, so my vet was trying to get in touch with their vet but didn't manage, we both thought this was very odd. I can kick my own bum for not digging more before saving Athena, but turns out the "vet" was non-existent and the "boarder" is the mom of the breeder and they're churning out bunnies running the scam saying that the bunnies have been rescued from a hoarder. I'm furious about it and have given the RSPCA all the info about them that I have. When this all came to a head I wanted to take Athena for a full check up and vaccination etc but my vet has gone on holiday [emoji24] I do have an appointment on 30Nov though.

Also, not sure if Athena is a she or a he anymore [emoji24] I've watched vids and read the forums on here, but not too sure anymore, but my vet will confirm on 30Nov :D

Zeus's behaviour towards me has changed a little and has caused some concern, not massively but he just seems to be a bit of a grumpy boy at the moment. Think I've annoyed him in some way [emoji852] he doesn't cuddle much with me anymore and yesterday he was thumping at me for 30mins and wouldn't even take his favourite treat. He's also lost 500g of weight :( and keeps getting hay stuck in his nose. I've also started suspecting he might be semi blind, at least in 1 eye. He's also going for a checkup on 30Nov. On the upside of this though, the 2 of them are in love [emoji7] I've seen them grooming each other and 90% of the time they will cuddle or at least snooze near each other. So I think they're properly bonded now [emoji173] some pics of them :)

Athena has been growing at a steady speed and she's got the cutest heart type shape on her face now :D she's now 1.1kg :D she's still super cheeky and only sits still for rubs every now and then. She's an absolute perfect starving-bunny impersonator everytime I go near the kitchen [emoji7] she does crazy zoomies every night around 11pm that makes me giggle. She's also perfected the DBF art and a few times I have stopped breathing while staring at her to see if she's breathing [emoji15]

Both of them have started territorial pooping, so between that and Zeus's shedding I'm vacuuming everyday [emoji849] getting bodybuilder arms [emoji123][emoji123]
50f55102e9567c3f6e84c7efba81fd02.jpg
03668751ddbfb9085a865b56309c8054.jpg
75652df20ce1b292a41db8dd082ad86e.jpg
7b54781847b6f9e965bcf04f55a55843.jpg
e7cd1168c8b69f50c42464b574101108.jpg
6d46d0b745b29b6b3010bc8a70b613fd.jpg
25a4c74d777253c41ec4e07abce89e98.jpg
88d9be03db3dc87cf0f61babd46687a1.jpg
f3e13c0cbc932f192a6c8cf5b4133f3a.jpg
cbe74b0e7fb552f7b131a84dca2d0770.jpg
6d484dacddcccb286f75ba573e9e2f87.jpg
0b2636ae4c30687be48658504216e426.jpg
26389174d22034dac124e48887c4a114.jpg
1113db90857d7f3248f35eb5b8ceb893.jpg

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Wow, you've had a lot going on! That's absolutely horrible that the 'boarder' was a liar and is running a scam with her daughter! Oh my god... No wonder you're furious! That's terrible! I'm so glad you've let the RSPCA know and I so hope they can do something about it. That's good that you're taking Athena to the vet soon for her vaccination and a full check up, and to check whether she's actually a girl, too, since you're not sure. Getting Zeus to the vet sounds like a good idea, too, yes, since he's been grumpy and has lost a lot of weight and you suspect he might be having problems with his vision. That does sound worrying, and I hope he'll be okay.

That's so wonderful that Zeus and Athena are in love, though! They do look very happy together in the photos, aww. :love: And I see what you mean about Athena having perfected the art of the DBF. :lol: I see she still likes sitting in the food bowl, too, haha. They're lovely photos. :love:

Wow, that is quite a lot going on! I’m glad you have informed the rspca about the ‘boarder’ if Athena is a boy at least you may be able to have the neuter done earlier. And 2 boys so long as they are both neutered can have a great bond :love:

Aww look at them!

Sounds like you've had a rough time, it's so hard to try and work out genuine people with animals to rehome.

Primrose and her first partner Flopsy came from what seemed to be a family home that were struggling with Flopsy's size and exercise needs (English Lop) but we later discovered they were experienced english lop breeders who realised there was something wrong with him so they adopted Primrose from pets at home and then sold them to us at a premium.

Poor Flopsy died at nine months with gi issues but now I know far more about it I'm pretty convinced he was a megacolon bun. I was devastated and blamed myself for it all. We too reported them and since I've restricted myself to adopting from registered charities as I worry about doing it again.

Hopefully the vet visits all go well and Athena can be sexed. She looks really well settled.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Gorgeous photos. I don't know how you manage to keep everything so clean with indoor bunnies. I have indoor guinea-pigs and the hay gets everywhere.

The pictures of your buns snuggled together are so cute :love:

Wow, you've had a lot going on! That's absolutely horrible that the 'boarder' was a liar and is running a scam with her daughter! Oh my god... No wonder you're furious! That's terrible! I'm so glad you've let the RSPCA know and I so hope they can do something about it. That's good that you're taking Athena to the vet soon for her vaccination and a full check up, and to check whether she's actually a girl, too, since you're not sure. Getting Zeus to the vet sounds like a good idea, too, yes, since he's been grumpy and has lost a lot of weight and you suspect he might be having problems with his vision. That does sound worrying, and I hope he'll be okay.

That's so wonderful that Zeus and Athena are in love, though! They do look very happy together in the photos, aww. :love: And I see what you mean about Athena having perfected the art of the DBF. :lol: I see she still likes sitting in the food bowl, too, haha. They're lovely photos. :love:

I really do hope they do something, my vet says sadly this happens quite a lot around here. :( just makes me so angry! :( wish I could do more.
Thanks, I hope so too, he's generally ok, just seems out of sorts, rather get him checked out just in case :) Haha she loves sitting in the food bowl! xD that's why I upgraded her round bowl to a similar to Zeus's size, so she can sit in it and eat xD I finally found a use for those 2 smaller lasagne dishes I've been hanging on to HAHA!

Wow, that is quite a lot going on! I’m glad you have informed the rspca about the ‘boarder’ if Athena is a boy at least you may be able to have the neuter done earlier. And 2 boys so long as they are both neutered can have a great bond :love:

Yea I was thinking that too, if she is a he then less stress with neutering as I've been through that and can do it earlier, but we'll see. Whatever she turns out to be, she's keeping the name Athena and staying with us :D She responds to Athena and those 2 are so in love I wouldn't split them regardless of what she turns out to be. This is her home :D

Aww look at them!

Sounds like you've had a rough time, it's so hard to try and work out genuine people with animals to rehome.

Primrose and her first partner Flopsy came from what seemed to be a family home that were struggling with Flopsy's size and exercise needs (English Lop) but we later discovered they were experienced english lop breeders who realised there was something wrong with him so they adopted Primrose from pets at home and then sold them to us at a premium.

Poor Flopsy died at nine months with gi issues but now I know far more about it I'm pretty convinced he was a megacolon bun. I was devastated and blamed myself for it all. We too reported them and since I've restricted myself to adopting from registered charities as I worry about doing it again.

Hopefully the vet visits all go well and Athena can be sexed. She looks really well settled.

Absolutely agree with you. But at least I've learned and know better for future :) Oh that's terrible!!! urgh how can some people be so horrible?! :( they should be put in cages and left to sit in their own poo! :/ grrrr better never find them in a dark alley :(

Thank you :) yea I hope so too :) she is! even though she's the passive one she rules the house :p

Gorgeous photos. I don't know how you manage to keep everything so clean with indoor bunnies. I have indoor guinea-pigs and the hay gets everywhere.

The pictures of your buns snuggled together are so cute :love:

thank you :D hahaha OCD, a super powered vacuum and preserverance xD the place actually looks dirty in those pics :S with the hay though I find it pretty easy, they both only once or twice pulled hay out the litter tray and I immediatly cleaned it up, so geuss I won out that they found it too much effort to keep trying when I just immediatly clean it up xD I do pick up territorial poops the whole day long, as soon as I see them. But tend to vaccuum in the evening. But in all fairness though, other than the fur shedding and cardboard ripups they're pretty tidy. Zeus gets very unhappy if there's bits on his fav snooze spot, he'll sit there for hours scratching at it to make it smoothe and I've noticed Athena has picked up this habbit so they seem to keep their food in the food spot, hay in the hay spot, wee's in the wee spot, territorial poops everywhere so they're both comfy hehe
Thank you! :D They are getting really good at snuggling <3 specially when they're flop snuggling <3

I am going to have to ask which hoover do you have?

It's a never ending battle in this household both of mine delight in scattering a nice neat hay pile for the one piece they absolutely must eat first [emoji1787]

Sending you vibes. It is awful 'boarder' lied. Athena still needed a good home so glad she found a loving human and a friend in Zeus. Thankfully you followed up on her vet records - lack of-so she gets proper vaccines . Even if Athena's gender is wrong I see no need for a name change-years ago it happened to me twice and neither boy minded having a feminine name.

I really do hope they do something, my vet says sadly this happens quite a lot around here. :( just makes me so angry! :( wish I could do more.
Thanks, I hope so too, he's generally ok, just seems out of sorts, rather get him checked out just in case :) Haha she loves sitting in the food bowl! xD that's why I upgraded her round bowl to a similar to Zeus's size, so she can sit in it and eat xD I finally found a use for those 2 smaller lasagne dishes I've been hanging on to HAHA!
That's so sad and awful that that kind of thing happens a lot where you are. Poor bunnies. =(

It's always wise to get bunnies checked out when you think something might be going on, yes, so good job on planning to get Zeus checked out just in case. =) That's so cute that Athena loves sitting in the food bowl, haha. It was very kind of you to give her a bigger one so she can sit and eat. Who knew lasagne dishes could be good for bunnies! :lol:

Big hugs xx That's a lot of spoony bunnies! I love the one where Athena's leg is over the water thing, classic rabbit behaviour :lol:

I am going to have to ask which hoover do you have?

It's a never ending battle in this household both of mine delight in scattering a nice neat hay pile for the one piece they absolutely must eat first [emoji1787]

Errr it kinda came with the place :S it's a hoover, smallish but works like a treat :D
Hahaha Athena does attempt to scatter the hay but she's given up and instead just tunnels into the haybox xD Think my cleaning OCD wore them down :p

Sending you vibes. It is awful 'boarder' lied. Athena still needed a good home so glad she found a loving human and a friend in Zeus. Thankfully you followed up on her vet records - lack of-so she gets proper vaccines . Even if Athena's gender is wrong I see no need for a name change-years ago it happened to me twice and neither boy minded having a feminine name.

Thank you :) yup, I'm happy I saved her from those horrible people! Yea, happy my vet followed up as well, she's the one that figured out the boarder 'vet' isn't a vet and then the rest I dug into. She responds to her name really well so even if she's a he, the name will stay :D

Ref the boarder, whereabouts are you geographically?

I'm in West London in Perivale/Greenford

That's so sad and awful that that kind of thing happens a lot where you are. Poor bunnies. =(

It's always wise to get bunnies checked out when you think something might be going on, yes, so good job on planning to get Zeus checked out just in case. =) That's so cute that Athena loves sitting in the food bowl, haha. It was very kind of you to give her a bigger one so she can sit and eat. Who knew lasagne dishes could be good for bunnies! :lol:

Yea :( makes me furious :/ people can be so cruel!

Hehehe thanks :) she even sits in the empty food bowl when she's hungry and a few times I've lifter her in the foodbowl as she jumps in when I try pick it up. They work like a treat! Perfect size and they can't flip them :D even though Zeus tries now and then :O

Big hugs xx That's a lot of spoony bunnies! I love the one where Athena's leg is over the water thing, classic rabbit behaviour :lol:

Ha yea they do love spooning, I've considered curling up next to them a few times :p I couldn't stop giggling at her leg over the water fountain haha she does get into the funniest sleeping positions xD

i am going to have to ask which hoover do you have?

sent from my sm-a705fn using tapatalk

:lol:

Back