• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

flooring in bunny room

rachdee

New Kit
Hi - we have moved into a rented house and I want to protect the carpet in the bunny room from my little monsters who love to dig :love:

I have bought some vinyl flooring and laid it over the carpet but it just keeps moving and ends up with big hills in the middle of the room. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can keep it in place please?

We use vinyl flooring (over a wooden floor) the stuff we use is quite thick (possibly 3mm?) and does not move about.
Do you move any furniture on the vinyl to help hold it in place?

Richard

Hi Richard

I think my vinyl flooring is thinner so maybe that's why it keeps moving. It's a pretty small room so there's no furniture except their wooden hidey boxes. I wondered whether any of the anti slip underlay for rugs would work

I'm also watching with interest as don't you find your bunnies slip when they walk on vinyl flooring? How do you find them with resting on vinyl?

I'm also watching with interest as don't you find your bunnies slip when they walk on vinyl flooring? How do you find them with resting on vinyl?

The vinyl flooring we have has "textured" finish to it. Do the buns slip? Yes! if they see me coming with the nail clippers or the comb, they scarper to hide somewhere and Rudy's feet will slip. But in day to day life, no they are fine. We have used vinyl flooring since we brought Holly home over four years ago

Richard

We used double sided tape to keep ours down but that's on top of tiles.

Could you use wooden beading to fasten it down around the edges?

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

I'm hoping this is a reply to Motty! Sorry if it isn't, I'm still working out how to use this app. My bunnies gallop about quite a lot in the mornings

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk

Back