• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Get Amber a Friend?nov 29 Zorro

Poor baby! I'm so glad he's with you now, he'll get the best care, he's really landed on his feet with you [emoji7] I hope his wounds heal up nicely xx

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Poor baby! I'm so glad he's with you now, he'll get the best care, he's really landed on his feet with you [emoji7] I hope his wounds heal up nicely xx

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Thank you.
Today I gave him a better check and he has many more bites than I realized. Yesterday I saw lots on his both hips, he also has bites on his back, sides of his tummy and one or more on his private parts. The one on his private has a thick scab of dried ooze. He was very good while I checked his injuries, I named him Zorro.

Zorro, that's a lovely name, I really hope all his wounds heal quickly, so pleased he is now in your care xx

Zorro's wounds are healing, though he still has scabs. He does not eat as much hay as his sister and he drinks a lot of water. I am rationing his pellets, though today he was allowed to eat a few extra pellets directly from my fingers when he came to me in an act of trust. He is getting daily pets and/or grooming on my lap too. He is hiding /resting in his litterbox yet he puts most poo and pee on newspapers left outside the litterbox.
I do not know if he will ever overcome his fear fully, yet he has made progress since I rescued him from the pet store 12 days ago. He is a good boy and deserves to not be bullied.

His neuter is scheduled for tuesday, though I may need to give his surgical slot to Raven who is struggling with eating. Zorro assured me he would not mind waiting if necessary.:D

Last edited:
Glad to hear that his wounds are healing and that he is slowly gaining confidence. I hope all goes well for his neuter when he has it x

I am sure he doesn't mind giving his slot to Raven but pleased his wounds are healing. I am sure he will become more confident as time goes by.

I have only just caught up with this but, doesn't fate throw us some twists and turns?!! From the moral dilemma to the absolute certainty of action. Welcome to your new life Zorro, you are safe now.

Thank you RU friends. Raven got his own appointment to vet this morning and he will not be taking Zorro's surgery slot tomorrow; so Zorro will be going for his neuter in the morning. Please send Zorro some vibes for a quick and full recovery. I am hoping that he will return to eating/drinking/peeing/pooing after his surgery. He is such a good boy so I hope this does not change his personality in a negative way. I want to be sure vet knows Zorro's story so they can give him a good check of his bite wounds and understand why he may be stressed with strangers.

Thanks RU friends, a Reader of Books, Jane, Toribun,

We had our first snow today so I left earlier than I needed so I got in the vet parking lot early. Zorro traveled well as while we were waiting for someone to come to collect Zorro, I took him out of the carrier and gave him a great big hug.
About a half hour later a tech brought out paperwork for me to sign and took Zorro and his food. I was asked to wait while vet checked Zorro.

When the vet called my cell, he first asked for an update on Raven. Then the vet told me Zorro was healthy and a bit 'feisty'. I am sure he was scared being in a strange place that smelled like other animals with a lot of strangers like it did at the awful pet store. I told vet about how Zorro was bullied at the pet store two weeks ago and I asked him to check Zorro for anything I missed.
Zorro must be very scared and I worry he will not understand someone 'hurting' him is for the best so he and Amber can be reunited in the future.
I asked for a call once he is recovering from surgery so it will probably be an anxious few hours. While I know it is scary for Zorro to be in a strange place, I know he is in good hands until his pick up time at 4:30pm.

Zorro got medicam at vets and came home scared yet otherwise doing well. He is eating,drinking,peeing,and pooing. He was very active at vets and resting more at home.
I hope he will begin to trust me again soon.

Zorro got medicam at vets and came home scared yet otherwise doing well. He is eating,drinking,peeing,and pooing. He was very active at vets and resting more at home.
I hope he will begin to trust me again soon.

Yay, glad he is home and all bodily functions working. Well done Zorro.

Back