• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone around for advice or moral support?

Ok, now I’m confused. Phoebe keeps putting her chin down like she’s asking to be groomed, but up til now it’s always been the other way round. Is this a bad sign? Having said that, I have seen her groom him briefly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you!

I *think* things are ok. They spent the first 10 or 15 minutes exploring and seeming a bit confused but not unhappy. Since then, there’s been a bit more humping and chasing, but only brief episodes. They don’t seem as settled as they were, but I suppose that’s only to be expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, absolutely. They've got to trust one another afresh in this new space. Brief episodes of humping and chasing are to be anticipated.

Don't worry about the grooming and requests for grooming. They'll settle into a grooming pattern which feels right for them. With my two each of them does the grooming on the other and quite often they each groom the other bunny at the same time.

Hope it continues to go well.

Lopsy groomed Aboleth briefly and occasionally, and Chibbs I've only seen him groom once. He gets groomed all the time. He's very much bottom bun. I like to say he doesn't understand bunny behavioural cues :lol: He is also not very smart at all :lol:

Lopsy groomed Aboleth briefly and occasionally, and Chibbs I've only seen him groom once. He gets groomed all the time. He's very much bottom bun. I like to say he doesn't understand bunny behavioural cues :lol: He is also not very smart at all :lol:

:lol: I'm finding the whole bunny behaviour thing really interesting. How do they know how to groom and thump and all the rest? I mean, I know it's instinct, but I think it's pretty amazing :D

:lol: I'm finding the whole bunny behaviour thing really interesting. How do they know how to groom and thump and all the rest? I mean, I know it's instinct, but I think it's pretty amazing :D
You know how they're supposed to be taught by their mums which food is which? We accidentally picked up some hemlock one day and wondered why Lopsy wouldn't touch that particular bit of cowparsely :lol: Then he and Aboleth would actively seek out the rhubarb leaves :lol: No consistency!

You know how they're supposed to be taught by their mums which food is which? We accidentally picked up some hemlock one day and wondered why Lopsy wouldn't touch that particular bit of cowparsely :lol: Then he and Aboleth would actively seek out the rhubarb leaves :lol: No consistency!

All of our chickens have desperately tried to get at the Rhubarb leaves :lol: They must be really tasty.

Clever! Well, mostly :lol:

I always believed bunnies (well my bunnies) were really clever in deciphering what foods are good for them until Boo came in from the garden clearly high on something. I forget what it was but it was on the toxic list & subsequently removed.

Bunny interactions are fasinating . I should understand them better given I spend hours each day watching them & have done for over 20 years

How are the dynamic duo getting on? Hopefully they've settled down again now that they're outside.

Thank you for asking! Yes, they do seem to have settled down, which is a relief! Still competing for food :lol: and I haven’t seen much truly relaxed/happy behaviour yet, but nothing negative either. I’m thinking of giving them a box filled with hay soon, as it suddenly seems to have got much colder and they might like a little extra insulation.

Back