Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Anyone around for advice or moral support?

Warren Scout

Ok, now Iím confused. Phoebe keeps putting her chin down like sheís asking to be groomed, but up til now itís always been the other way round. Is this a bad sign? Having said that, I have seen her groom him briefly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by OliveTree View Post
    Thank you!

I *think* things are ok. They spent the first 10 or 15 minutes exploring and seeming a bit confused but not unhappy. Since then, thereís been a bit more humping and chasing, but only brief episodes. They donít seem as settled as they were, but I suppose thatís only to be expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, absolutely. They've got to trust one another afresh in this new space. Brief episodes of humping and chasing are to be anticipated.

Don't worry about the grooming and requests for grooming. They'll settle into a grooming pattern which feels right for them. With my two each of them does the grooming on the other and quite often they each groom the other bunny at the same time.

Hope it continues to go well.

Warren Scout

Thank you. That is very reassuring!

Lopsy groomed Aboleth briefly and occasionally, and Chibbs I've only seen him groom once. He gets groomed all the time. He's very much bottom bun. I like to say he doesn't understand bunny behavioural cues He is also not very smart at all
    The geeky one...

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

Warren Scout

Quote Originally Posted by keletkezes View Post
    Lopsy groomed Aboleth briefly and occasionally, and Chibbs I've only seen him groom once. He gets groomed all the time. He's very much bottom bun. I like to say he doesn't understand bunny behavioural cues He is also not very smart at all
    I'm finding the whole bunny behaviour thing really interesting. How do they know how to groom and thump and all the rest? I mean, I know it's instinct, but I think it's pretty amazing

Quote Originally Posted by OliveTree View Post
    I'm finding the whole bunny behaviour thing really interesting. How do they know how to groom and thump and all the rest? I mean, I know it's instinct, but I think it's pretty amazing
    You know how they're supposed to be taught by their mums which food is which? We accidentally picked up some hemlock one day and wondered why Lopsy wouldn't touch that particular bit of cowparsely Then he and Aboleth would actively seek out the rhubarb leaves No consistency!
    The geeky one...

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

Wise Old Thumper

You know how they're supposed to be taught by their mums which food is which? We accidentally picked up some hemlock one day and wondered why Lopsy wouldn't touch that particular bit of cowparsely Then he and Aboleth would actively seek out the rhubarb leaves No consistency!
    All of our chickens have desperately tried to get at the Rhubarb leaves They must be really tasty.

Warren Scout

Clever! Well, mostly

I always believed bunnies (well my bunnies) were really clever in deciphering what foods are good for them until Boo came in from the garden clearly high on something. I forget what it was but it was on the toxic list & subsequently removed.

Bunny interactions are fasinating . I should understand them better given I spend hours each day watching them & have done for over 20 years

Mama Doe Scrappy's Little Helper's Avatar

How are the dynamic duo getting on? Hopefully they've settled down again now that they're outside.