• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Humping in the Trawden Warren

joey&boo

Wise Old Thumper
I can't help thinking it happens more than it should. I always blamed Joey for being a pest but its not always confined to him. Rudey & Mouse would periodically hump each other when they were well (if not agile) enough.

I didn't mention it at the time but a few months ago when I was attempting to get my trio back together I saw the funniest thing. Out of the corner of my eye I see Boo zooming across the room & though how come the brown legs? Looked again & saw it was Boo hitching a ride on Joey:lol:

Joey actually needs supervision with Mouse now as he does try to hump her which is obv far too risky. Luckily he does hum & dance as a prelude. He's not faithful either, Boo has always been humped by him on a regular basis

Does much humping go on in your warrens?

I can't help thinking it happens more than it should. I always blamed Joey for being a pest but its not always confined to him. Rudey & Mouse would periodically hump each other when they were well (if not agile) enough.

I didn't mention it at the time but a few months ago when I was attempting to get my trio back together I saw the funniest thing. Out of the corner of my eye I see Boo zooming across the room & though how come the brown legs? Looked again & saw it was Boo hitching a ride on Joey[emoji38]

Joey actually needs supervision with Mouse now as he does try to hump her which is obv far too risky. Luckily he does hum & dance as a prelude. He's not faithful either, Boo has always been humped by him on a regular basis

Does much humping go on in your warrens?
We've never really had it here [emoji38] Clementine humped Atticus a lot to show who was boss for about a week, but that was it [emoji38] Penelope and Apricot never hump each other, literally never seen it happen [emoji38]

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Lord Herbert tries to hump Roisin but she just runs away. He stands there humming and buzzing and looking confused !! :lol:

Tethra is no longer up to getting his legs over the bulk that is Tui :lol: He used to though. Now, it's just a memory.

Phillip tries it on every so often with the girls! Whitney humps Britney everyday when it’s food time or she hears a packet rustling [emoji38]she’s recently been trying it on with Phillip as well at breakfast time :lol: They both just ignore her!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phillip tries it on every so often with the girls! Whitney humps Britney everyday when it’s food time or she hears a packet rustling [emoji38]she’s recently been trying it on with Phillip as well at breakfast time :lol: They both just ignore her!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

your warren makes ours sound tame

it seems a lot more goes on behind closed doors than I suspected

Casper will hump Sophie when she's in his way. He must've noticed at some point that if he humps her, she'll move, so now humping is his way of telling Sophie, "Hey, get out of my way!" He doesn't hump her aside from that, and she doesn't ever hump him.

Hahaha this thread [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]
Seems my hand and elbow were the only things getting humped pre-neutering. Post-neutering Zeus has only once grabbed my hand but he had just finished a bout of binkying and was a very excites boy [emoji1787]
He hasn't tried with Athena but maybe he's waiting till there's a bit more of her to hold onto [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Fudgie's a terror for humping Snoopy's head when he's asleep. I think it's her way of demanding grooms. He's realised that the best tactic is to ignore her and carry on snoozing. She normally stops mid hump and looks really confused that she isn't getting a reaction.

Snoopy doesn't hump much. But he does get over excited and runs around her buzzing and honking. He then starts digging her and vigorously grooming her bum! I have to tell him to be more gentle as she's smaller than he is and he's playing too roughly.

Very glad to see this thread. Because there is always a slight question over the state of Odin's manly bits I am still constantly wondering - we had vast amounts of humping in bonding, but then it settled down. But so far every time we expand their space, or change something, or I give Freja too much attention perhaps, or goodness knows why, Odin gets humpy. With space issues it settles again in a couple of days, so hopefully in a couple of weeks when they finally have access to everything the humping will disappear, but I have been wondering if humping is sometimes just part of who they are!

Casper will hump Sophie when she's in his way. He must've noticed at some point that if he humps her, she'll move, so now humping is his way of telling Sophie, "Hey, get out of my way!" He doesn't hump her aside from that, and she doesn't ever hump him.

a bit more labour intensive than a nip or nudge but he's looking good on it so who are we to judge :lol: I'm sure the exercise is good foe him.

Fudgie's a terror for humping Snoopy's head when he's asleep. I think it's her way of demanding grooms. He's realised that the best tactic is to ignore her and carry on snoozing. She normally stops mid hump and looks really confused that she isn't getting a reaction.

Snoopy doesn't hump much. But he does get over excited and runs around her buzzing and honking. He then starts digging her and vigorously grooming her bum! I have to tell him to be more gentle as she's smaller than he is and he's playing too roughly.

Fudgie cracks me up

Very glad to see this thread. Because there is always a slight question over the state of Odin's manly bits I am still constantly wondering - we had vast amounts of humping in bonding, but then it settled down. But so far every time we expand their space, or change something, or I give Freja too much attention perhaps, or goodness knows why, Odin gets humpy. With space issues it settles again in a couple of days, so hopefully in a couple of weeks when they finally have access to everything the humping will disappear, but I have been wondering if humping is sometimes just part of who they are!

its seeming more & more like this is a viable & more widespread means of expression, some stomp, some nip, some take an opportunity to hump there loved one as a way of saying pretty much anything

Back