• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lillian had a vet visit - all good

Craig 1965

Warren Veteran
Don’t be alarmed everybun- this is an update type thread. Lillian had her health check appointment/annual vaccination check this morning. I must say I’ve had better starts to my birthday but as it turns out, Lillian is the least of my worries today.
We saw the lovely vet who has been very involved in Lillian’s medical history. I had to get Lillian in from outside to start with as she and Leo were having a ball outside on a sunny warm windless morning.
The vet was absolutely delighted with Lillian’s progress. She had noticed a huge change in Lillian’s demeanour - bright, alert, receptive to strokes, inquisitive, and so was Lillian :lol::lol:.
So a good start. Lillian’s lost a bit of weight, is beautifully clean and dry underneath, teeth all good, ears all nice and no concerns at all. It is possible that Lillian had been suffering from cystitis for many weeks prior to the huge and frightening reaction two and a half weeks ago. It all came to a head.
But now, at this moment, she is really good, healthy and comfortable. That reminds me I’ll have to give her her meds in a moment.
So, Lillian is all good. She’s had her combined vaccination and is sunbathing.
But now I have to take wifey to hospital as she has bad cystitis (is it something in the water) and spend the afternoon sitting in a&e cause the doctors are closed. Not one of my better birthdays!
Hope everybun else is having a great day. Xx

I am so pleased Lillian is doing really well! Hope your wife is feeling better soon, and A Very Happy Birthday! Maybe move it to tomorrow.

Good update for Lillian. I hope that your wife gets some help at the hospital and also Happy Birthday to you.

So sorry that your wife is poorly Craig, hope you don't have too long a wait there. Good news on Lillian though, well done to you, and Lillian too, and also to Leo, for his supporting role :D Hope you manage to enjoy the rest of the day, happy birthday ! :love:

So glad Lillian is healthy and happy again.

You should be able to access an out of hours GP rather than going to A&E. If you have NHS 111 where you are if you call them they will triage her and then make an appointment at the OOH surgery. Where I live the OOH is at the hospital but in a completely separate area from A&E and can't be accessed from A&E.

I'm so glad the vet was pleased with Lillian's pregress and that Lillian is healthy and comfortable! That's such wonderful news! I'm sorry about your wife being so unwell, though. I hope they could help her at the hospital and that she'll start to feel better soon. And Happy Birthday to you! Despite all the busyness, I hope you'll still manage to have a nice birthday, or that you can celebrate it at some later time. =)

Great news with Lillian :love: and Happy Birthday to you, Craig!!!!!!!!

I hope there is the same good news with your Mrs xxx

Happy birthday Craig! :D glad everything went well for Lillian. Your poor wife, UTIs are the worst :(

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I’m glad Lillian is doing ok. Sending lots of vibes to your wife. Happy Birthday, hope you have a nice birthday evening :love:

Thanks everybun. I don't recomend going to a hospital during lockdown. It was not a pleasant experience. Nightmare springs to mind. The parking ticket machine was broken so we walked 10 minutes to the nearest machine after failing in a convesation with 3 receptionists who told us we were in the staff carpark (utter rubbish by the way - there are no signs for this and I've parked in that carpak loads of times). Having spent the first 20 minutes faffing with carparking, we then went to A&E which is all cordined off so you can't see how not busy it is. It's deliberate - and I'm not being paranoid. We were then directed to yet another department which was packed with people. The receptionist told my wife her mask was on the wrong way, then decided that actually it was on the right way and I had to leave because apparently I'm not allowed to stay with my wife! Don't get me started. I went to wait in the car for 2 hours.
My wife sat next to an old gentleman who was throwing up into a sick bucket. He had fallen down the stairs the night before, was covered in blood, had a large haemotoma on his forhead and a foot that wasn't in the right position. he had woken up this morning in a state and was now in some waiting area of the hospital with various other patients - my wife being one, throwing up. Does that not sound alarm bells to anyone? It does me. Meanwhile my wife was given a small cup and a syringe and was told to pee and take a sample. She texted me to say the toilet was filthy, covered in hair and pee stains. And this is a hospital!
The gentleman continued to throw up and the other patients had to help and clean up and someone eventually got some help and they decided that he wasn't at all well and took him off for treatment.
2 hours later my wife saw the only GP who was working in a massive hospital and we got a prescription - which we had to drive to get because, well, the hospital can't dispense medication apparently.
We got home late afternoon and I got on with cooking and the usual jobs, and told my wife to rest. I'll have more birthdays, but it's important my wife gets better - it takes priority, as does my rabbits welfare over mine.
I'll take some amazing footage later tonight of the hilarious carnage that is rabbit bedtime here and an extremely excitable Leo who goes utterly bonkers at bedtime for his forage mat, and some new treats I found for them both. I'll post that tomorrow.
Thank you all for your birthday wishes. I'll have to have my birthday tomorrow.
Craig xx

That does sound like a nightmare. That's just appalling. I'm so sorry your wife had to deal with all of that while being unwell. And it's absolutely understandable that your wife getting better takes priority over your birthday. I hope the medication will help her.

I am glad Lillian is doing better and hope your wife will feel better soon. It is outrageous that your wife had to wait for treatment in those conditions at the hospital.
It always seems that we need medical treatment for ourselves or our pets on weekends/after hours/both when everything is closed.

Have a happy belated birthday.

Flipping heck what a nightmare day at the hospital. I think I have been very lucky at our local one, and am thankful that not all hospital visits are like the one you experienced. You must have been frazzled by the time you got home.

Looking forward to the video. Take care and enjoy having a birthday day today.

Sounds horrendous Craig, but she got the medication, so really hope that works quickly. Enjoy your belated birthday, and can't wait to see a bedtime video, it will be a real tonic. Big belated birthday hugs xx

Back