• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Molting, shedding, tufts of fluffs?

cheriseru

Alpha Buck
So since I've had Zeus he's not really shed much, in fact I figured I wasted money buying the hair buster brush but the past few days I've noticed wayyyy more hair on the carpet and also when I pet him it's like a hair tornado coming off.
I've brushed him and finally the brush is earning its keep [emoji39]
But seems if I don't brush him twice a day there'll hairs coming off when I pet him [emoji15]
His coat does look gorgeously soft and shiny now :D

But here's the questions [emoji15]
1. How long does molting/shedding last?
2. How often should I brush him?
3. Can I brush him too much?

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

A heavy moult is common after neutering, it can last for weeks. You can’t brush him too much, a couple of times a day should be fine during his heaviest moulting :D

A heavy moult is common after neutering, it can last for weeks. You can’t brush him too much, a couple of times a day should be fine during his heaviest moulting :D
Weeks?! [emoji3064] I really should've gone with a lighter color carpet and now royal blue [emoji33] everytime he lays down there's a white patch [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Thank you though :D good to know I can't brush too much :D gonna be chasing him round the house with the brush everytime he sploofs [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Weeks?! [emoji3064] I really should've gone with a lighter color carpet and now royal blue [emoji33] everytime he lays down there's a white patch [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Thank you though :D good to know I can't brush too much :D gonna be chasing him round the house with the brush everytime he sploofs [emoji1787][emoji1787]

*not royal blue

Ok so I know you said I can't over brush but feeling a bit confused :s
I've just brushed him for the 4th time today and as much fur has come off as all 3 other times :S
That's a 190ml tub 3/4 full of squished down fluff.
When I pet him and tufts come off in my hand I take him for a brush, he's not a big fan so don't want to do it too long as I think he gets bored, so I brush him for about 30mins with quickish strokes and keep cleaning the brush.
His coat still feels thick so don't think he's going bald [emoji3064] but am I not doing it right that as long as I keep brushing more fluff comes off? :s
cbf1b799d645343820fc4890ba09d745.jpg
281cbfc55229d46303255fca890ce1d6.jpg

30 mins! I'm impressed I have to bribe for just one brush stroke [emoji1787]

When Rodney is moulting that sort of amount is pretty normal. He's a thick coated boy so it always seems like theres more lol.

I normally bribe for a quick all over brush then run slightly damp hands over him to gather anything loose if he hasn't already scampered off.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Eurgh, brushing bunnies :lol: Aboleth wouldn't sit and be brushed, Chibbs doesn't much like being de-tufted but brushingis OK for a few minutres and Lopsy quite likes it but DOES get bored and goes somewhere I can't reach him. IME lops have longer fur so there's always LOADS to come out. I could make maybe 3 or 4 Lopsys if we kept all his fluff! Especially winter into summer, we end up with grey blobs of fluff everywhere and it looks like someone's plucked a dozen pigeons in our garden XD

30 mins! I'm impressed I have to bribe for just one brush stroke [emoji1787]

When Rodney is moulting that sort of amount is pretty normal. He's a thick coated boy so it always seems like theres more lol.

I normally bribe for a quick all over brush then run slightly damp hands over him to gather anything loose if he hasn't already scampered off.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Hahaha there's lots of treats involved and being wedged under my arm on a pillow on the stove [emoji1787][emoji1787] 30mins then the digging and nipping at my chest starts [emoji24]

Ooo I like the damp hands idea! I should give that a try :D

Phew! It does seem like it's never ending [emoji33]

Eurgh, brushing bunnies [emoji38] Aboleth wouldn't sit and be brushed, Chibbs doesn't much like being de-tufted but brushingis OK for a few minutres and Lopsy quite likes it but DOES get bored and goes somewhere I can't reach him. IME lops have longer fur so there's always LOADS to come out. I could make maybe 3 or 4 Lopsys if we kept all his fluff! Especially winter into summer, we end up with grey blobs of fluff everywhere and it looks like someone's plucked a dozen pigeons in our garden XD
Hahaha that's what I keep thinking [emoji33] pretty sure he's shed more than his body size in fluff so far [emoji1787]

Back