• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Athena and Zeus's first day

Lovely news :D Love jumpy bunnies: Lopsy's a big jumper: he can get almost anywhere! He's 2.5kg of 7.5yo idiot and you can always hear him jump off the windowsill in the playhouse XD He'll go from the litter tray to the windowsill (1.5m with 18" elevation) in one very lazy bounce, so I wonder how far he can REALLY get :D He also climbs :lol:

They look like they've always been together, I hope it stays that way :D And who DOESN'T LOVE a shoulder bunny :D:D:D:D

Thanks mikek & IM! :D agree they do look so much happier together :D

It was a bit nerving OliveTree but as tonibun suggested to me, just take it matter of factly and step in when needed.
My heart was pounding the first 30mins and I kept wanting to step in when there was some chasing but I kept reminding myself that look at their attitude and realised it's not aggression:) not that I'm a well versed bonder probably more the complete opposite! So happy to share my experience in more detail with you if you'd want, just pm me :D

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Thank you - I’d definitely like to hear more details if you don’t mind. I’ll pm you.

Excellent news regarding Athena's vaccination card :)

Athena certainly wants to jump. I would be anxious though, so make sure that if she mis-judges she can't fall and hurt herself.

Haha glad to hear I'm not the only anxious person! :lol: right after I took that photo I cable-tied the box to the stand behind it and put a pillow in front of the box where the carpets don't meet. I already have a padded sleeping mat between the couch and box, both carpets are quite soft and fluffy and the pen has a spongy layer under the fleece :D

But she just showed me that none of this is worth it as she jumped onto the box... then up onto the hayfeeder behind it and as I stood up to go get her down she jumped to the side where the basket is and then took a giant leap onto the couch and hopped off to the litter tray looking way too chuffed with herself :shock::shock::shock: leaving me with heart palpitations and considering wrapping my whole lounge in cottonwool :shock::shock: She be but a tiny bunny but she has no fear :shock:

Lovely news :D Love jumpy bunnies: Lopsy's a big jumper: he can get almost anywhere! He's 2.5kg of 7.5yo idiot and you can always hear him jump off the windowsill in the playhouse XD He'll go from the litter tray to the windowsill (1.5m with 18" elevation) in one very lazy bounce, so I wonder how far he can REALLY get :D He also climbs :lol:

They look like they've always been together, I hope it stays that way :D And who DOESN'T LOVE a shoulder bunny :D:D:D:D

oh wow!! :O big jumper!

Hahaha she does seem to enjoy a post midday snooze shoulder chill :lol:

Thank you - I’d definitely like to hear more details if you don’t mind. I’ll pm you.

Of course :) I've replied but not sure if it was sent as I kept getting error message about not being logged in and message is too long etc :S let me know if you didn't get it :)

Hahaha yea the balance is definitely good. She has made Zeus run a bit so that’s a good thing! Oh I squealed out loud when I saw her napping in there :lol: Zeus on the other hand got a bit confused about where the food went :lol: Phase 1 of bunny utopia retreat has been completed :D
That's great that she's getting Zeus to move a bit! Poor Zeus, though, finding a bunny in his bowl instead of food. :lol: Good job completing phase 1 of the bunny utopia retreat! Also, wow, Athena does some impressive jumps! She might have to participate in the Bunny Olympics!

Aww that's awesome they looks so lovely together and encouraging each other in their antics is one of the best things about a bunny friendship!

Unless it involves theft of post! Blossom tore up my Hmrc letter this morning [emoji25]

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

That's great that she's getting Zeus to move a bit! Poor Zeus, though, finding a bunny in his bowl instead of food. [emoji38] Good job completing phase 1 of the bunny utopia retreat! Also, wow, Athena does some impressive jumps! She might have to participate in the Bunny Olympics!

Yup! It was hilarious the first few times because he looked so floppy when he ran [emoji1787][emoji1787] he's better now and will chase a bit but most of the time just gives up and sploofs [emoji1787] except last night... I removed the blockade from the bedroom and it was Athena's first time discovering there's a whole other room... their new fav thing is Zeus innocently sploofed under the bed, enter Athena stage right and boops Zeus then take off sprinting, ofcourse Zeus follows. They then run from under the bed, across the room, through the kitchen, turn at bunny utopia to go across the lounge carpet through the kitchen and back under the bed [emoji1787][emoji1787] I wouldn't mind it but some bits are still wood floor so it sounds so loud!!
Yup she does love her jumping... Last night I was doing some work and all of a sudden... bunny on my desk, she did use the chair as a midway point but without even a noise or hesitation she did a zigzag jump [emoji15] think I need to look into bunny proofing the tops of desks and counters as well!
ab67cf98b001cc944361b708b52ef343.jpg

Aww that's awesome they looks so lovely together and encouraging each other in their antics is one of the best things about a bunny friendship!

Unless it involves theft of post! Blossom tore up my Hmrc letter this morning [emoji25]

Absolutely agree :D even more entertaining when Zeus is sploofed and Athena goes full on zoomy hour, he just lays there watching and sighs [emoji1787] he is such a lazy bunny [emoji1787]

Oh no [emoji33] that's bad antics, but sadly have to 2nd their feelings of ripping up letters from hmrc [emoji1787]

It was a good one for once!

Luckily no cheques lol.

I have to race to get the post before some bunny gets them every morning. I need to get one if those cages that catches the letters.

Primrose was a lazyish bun and used to watch Rodney zoom with the equivalent of a raised eyebrow [emoji23]

My favourite was when they'd nose bop and then run away with their tails twitching and they'd both go nuts for 5 mins having binky Olympics.

Blossom has started hoping on my laptop too, I think she likes the typing noise. She manages to wrote nonsense emails. Thankfully nothing got sent yet....

Yup! It was hilarious the first few times because he looked so floppy when he ran [emoji1787][emoji1787] he's better now and will chase a bit but most of the time just gives up and sploofs [emoji1787] except last night... I removed the blockade from the bedroom and it was Athena's first time discovering there's a whole other room... their new fav thing is Zeus innocently sploofed under the bed, enter Athena stage right and boops Zeus then take off sprinting, ofcourse Zeus follows. They then run from under the bed, across the room, through the kitchen, turn at bunny utopia to go across the lounge carpet through the kitchen and back under the bed [emoji1787][emoji1787] I wouldn't mind it but some bits are still wood floor so it sounds so loud!!
Yup she does love her jumping... Last night I was doing some work and all of a sudden... bunny on my desk, she did use the chair as a midway point but without even a noise or hesitation she did a zigzag jump [emoji15] think I need to look into bunny proofing the tops of desks and counters as well!
Aww, floppy running Zeus, haha. Sounds like he still prefers sploofing over running, though, except when he can loudly race Athena across your flat, haha. Seems like bunny proofing your desks and everything else is a good idea! No surface will be safe from Athena's exploring! :love:

Back