• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi, this isn’t the introduction I wanted to make

LionBun

New Kit
I’ve read the forum many times for advice without signing up. But I can’t express this or process it properly so i wanted to share here. I’ve lost our beautiful pet bunny very recently and still so sad and even more so because my children are devastated, the tears are heartbreaking. It’s such a cruel lesson. My fault as I got distracted and didn’t pay attention while he was having his run around the garden. Normally he’s watched but he had been digging in the usual places no bother and I didn’t think he would find a way out but he did. He’s adventurous and confident but a lovely temperament, best pet ever even though I’m sure everyone thinks that of their pets.

He’s a lone house bunny and only 6 months but he spends all his time with us and seemed very happy to be a close part of the family. I’ve had pairs of house bunnies previously but they just wanted to be separate from us unless it was for food, they had each other and that was enough for them. But this bunny is different, he comes to sit with us and let us give him rubs and he even plays with us running in the garden, so involved in every way. I’m so gutted he’s lost. I haven’t given up hope he returns but I’m so worried don’t know how I’m going to get the children to cope with this lost, especially during lockdown. I’m envious of everyone still with their pets. Please don’t get complacent. I wish I hadn’t.:cry:

I’ve read the forum many times for advice without signing up. But I can’t express this or process it properly so i wanted to share here. I’ve lost our beautiful pet bunny very recently and still so sad and even more so because my children are devastated, the tears are heartbreaking. It’s such a cruel lesson. My fault as I got distracted and didn’t pay attention while he was having his run around the garden. Normally he’s watched but he had been digging in the usual places no bother and I didn’t think he would find a way out but he did. He’s adventurous and confident but a lovely temperament, best pet ever even though I’m sure everyone thinks that of their pets.

He’s a lone house bunny and only 6 months but he spends all his time with us and seemed very happy to be a close part of the family. I’ve had pairs of house bunnies previously but they just wanted to be separate from us unless it was for food, they had each other and that was enough for them. But this bunny is different, he comes to sit with us and let us give him rubs and he even plays with us running in the garden, so involved in every way. I’m so gutted he’s lost. I haven’t given up hope he returns but I’m so worried don’t know how I’m going to get the children to cope with this lost, especially during lockdown. I’m envious of everyone still with their pets. Please don’t get complacent. I wish I hadn’t.:cry:

I am really sorry . Was Bunny microchipped ? If so there is a chance that if a predator does not get him a person may find him and get him scanned for a Microchip. Have you put up posters locally and contacted local Veterinary Surgeries ? Leave a safe hidey hole near where he escaped, with food and water in the hides hole. Or you could buy a live trap.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Defenders-...=1&keywords=Rabbit+Trap&qid=1604207745&sr=8-5

I so hope that by some miracle he will return x

I'm so sorry to hear this and thank you for sharing, it must be very hard. I do agree though, don't give up, try the suggestions above, if you haven't already, and I really hope for a happy outcome. Good luck xx

I'm so sorry :( I agree with the advice you have been given already. There is still a small chance that the bunny will return. Maybe spend some time watching in the garden at dawn and dusk. Your bunny might still be hiding up in the garden.

I took on a Rabbit some time ago, she had been missing for 4 days. The owners couldn't look after her as she kept escaping. Maybe your Rabbit is hiding somewhere nearby. I also hopehe will be found.

Thank you for the words. Our garden backs onto a big park and a golf course and as a big space it’s possible he could keep wandering further away. I’m going to look again today. I’m outside for most of the day calling and looking.

Thank you for the words. Our garden backs onto a big park and a golf course and as a big space it’s possible he could keep wandering further away. I’m going to look again today. I’m outside for most of the day calling and looking.

Maybe see if you can put a notice up at the golf clubhouse if there is one?

I'm so sorry you've lost your bunny. Many years ago one of my cats went missing so I know how upsetting it is when a pet goes missing.

I don know if you've done this already but it might be worth putting something on your local Facebook page. I understand people have been successful using this resource to find their missing pets. Someone local may have found him wandering about and taken him in.

Good luck and I really hope you find him.

Thanks all. I went to the golf course and the lovely person working there even took me out in a golf buggy to check the area out safely. And of course they got the message out, how kind was he! And also the vets were also very kind. The message has gotten out but I’ll keep checking and have scattered his used litter all around the edges of garden and just outside of it too, and around some small gaps - well at least it’s good for the plants too! I even miss not having any more bunny litter to deal with. The kids have been much better today, at least they’ve learned how lovely owning a bunny is and they never got bored of him, and they did so much for him.

Back