• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

For anybun on Oxbow Joint Support Tablets

Okay, I had a reply. They say:

"Apologies for the late reply. I consulted with [the vet]. This medication certainly can be given to Sophie."

I notice they don't say it'll actually help. ;) But it seems like they don't think it can do any harm.

Okay, I had a reply. They say:

"Apologies for the late reply. I consulted with [the vet]. This medication certainly can be given to Sophie."

I notice they don't say it'll actually help. ;) But it seems like they don't think it can do any harm.

Similar to my vet. i guess if they don't have the data to back something up its hard to recommend from a clinical perspective. Do you think you'll try her on them/

Similar to my vet. i guess if they don't have the data to back something up its hard to recommend from a clinical perspective. Do you think you'll try her on them/
Yeah, it must be difficult for them to really commit to saying something helps or doesn't help when there isn't really any proof either way. I do think I'll try them for her. I found a Dutch brand that does glucosamine powders for pets, though, that are suitable for bunnies, too, and that would work out much cheaper, I think, but of course the Oxbow tablets are much more practical because you can just give them as a treat. And those powders had other ingredients, too, so I'll have to look at those to see how they compare to the tablets.

I don't know how I'd be able to tell if they help her, though, because she's doing really well on the metacam now. She doesn't have any issues washing herself anymore. So, I'd just have to trust that it's doing something for her, even if it's just slowing down the arthritis.

Yeah, it must be difficult for them to really commit to saying something helps or doesn't help when there isn't really any proof either way. I do think I'll try them for her. I found a Dutch brand that does glucosamine powders for pets, though, that are suitable for bunnies, too, and that would work out much cheaper, I think, but of course the Oxbow tablets are much more practical because you can just give them as a treat. And those powders had other ingredients, too, so I'll have to look at those to see how they compare to the tablets.

I don't know how I'd be able to tell if they help her, though, because she's doing really well on the metacam now. She doesn't have any issues washing herself anymore. So, I'd just have to trust that it's doing something for her, even if it's just slowing down the arthritis.

Yeah that is a definite thing - not knowing if they help. I was feeding them to Mouse for about 18 months before I had trouble getting hold of them & she went really downhill - of course that could be a coincidence. I can't tell a difference with J&B but they seemed fine mobility wise in the first place.

Have you checked them on ebay? I don't know if they'd ship to you but I've bought them with free shipping twice off ebay - both from USA. Here's the 2 sellers I've used

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/401821540565?
epid=1403950328&hash=item5d8e6e20d5:g:r-IAAOSwO5JdMuWv

sorry - they added postage since I last looked

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203308544817?epid=1403950328&hash=item2f56223331:g:T10AAOSwoZte2Xlh

Great to hear how the honey drugs are helping Sophie so much

It does sound like there's a big chance that they really help Mouse since she went downhill so much just when you were having trouble getting them, though, yes, it could of course be a coincidence. Did she start doing better again when she got them every day again? When you're giving them as a preventative thing to Joey and Boo I guess you'll never know whether they actually do something or not, no... I was thinking that if I get them for Sophie, I might as well give them to Casper, too, since he's getting older as well and I could use them in a preventative way for him (although it is possible that he has arthritis, too, of course, but that he's never shown any signs of it because he's been on daily metacam for years now), and I wouldn't know if they'd actually do anything for him, either. So, it would be nice if I could get them for not too much money, so I really appreciate the Ebay links. :) The free shipping one does ship to here and would be cheaper than buying them from that Belgian store, so I'll save that link.

I've not seen that. Thank You. I agree its nice to see what each active ingredient does - I think I spent all day googling them individually a while ago. I recall yucca is also commonly used in pet food to reduce poo smells (Graicee goes off to put Atticus on subscripton:lol:)

Oh in answer to the did Mouse recover after the gap in use - she got better than what she relapsed to but never recovered to her former state (which was pretty wonky anyway). She is in the disabled bunny club for sure

I've not seen that. Thank You. I agree its nice to see what each active ingredient does - I think I spent all day googling them individually a while ago. I recall yucca is also commonly used in pet food to reduce poo smells (Graicee goes off to put Atticus on subscripton:lol:)
:lol:

That's sad that Mousey never got back to her former state, though I'm glad she did get somewhat better after her relapse (does make you think that the tablets help, then, doesn't it). She's such a sweet old lady. :love:

I've ordered some via Ebay. I'll let you know what she thinks of them, but apparently it'll take about 6 weeks for them to get here, so it'll be a while. :lol:

I've ordered some via Ebay. I'll let you know what she thinks of them, but apparently it'll take about 6 weeks for them to get here, so it'll be a while. :lol:

I hope she approves - hope they come more quickly than that too.

Could do with a chemist to workout what proportions of what ingredients then I could make my own (I love baking for the bunnies)

I hope she approves - hope they come more quickly than that too.

Could do with a chemist to workout what proportions of what ingredients then I could make my own (I love baking for the bunnies)
Thank you. I guess Oxbow won't give you their recipe if you email them and ask politely. :lol:

The Joint Support tablets have arrived! I gave one to Sophie and she likes them! It took her a while to eat it, because they do seem quite hard, like people have mentioned here, but she ate all of it. :D

xo0e3P9h.jpg

Thank you. :) I read that it takes about 6 weeks or something before you can see results of glucosamine? So, it'll be a while...

I'm wondering if I should give Casper one a day since he's getting older, too...

Back