• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New addition

cheriseru

Alpha Buck
Please welcome Athena
c55e8380faf87856fb0597cc91c6ef95.jpg

After seeing her I just couldn't leave her! She's such a cutie and have had such a rough start :(
She was born into a hoarder situation on 5 Sept and was massively bullied by her siblings and had to be separated from her mom at very early age because the mom became aggressive [emoji24][emoji24] she still have little tufts of fur missing on her neck behind her ears [emoji3064][emoji3064]
Luckily she was then rescued by a local lady who was helping boarding her till she found her forever home. And that's where I come in :D
I was meant to just go meet her today but after hearing her story and seeing what an absolute sweetheart she is I just couldn't bare leaving her. So I've agreed with the boarder that I will take her and over the next while see how bonding(with the help of the boarder) goes and if Zeus accepts her and she accepts Zeus she's going to stay.
Even though she's had a bit of a rough start she's still quite loving, a little skittish but have welcomed my soft nose rubs and even heard her pur already [emoji173][emoji173][emoji173][emoji173][emoji173]
She's a cross between a dwarf lop and a mixed breed, she's got a healthy appetite and still waiting to see her poop [emoji4] but she's already flopped in her little makeshift hidey house and had a snooze :D

Now I have to figure out logistics for her accommodation and then the bonding process [emoji15]
6021b62874339e215ae260b5bec8f3bf.jpg
40772cd29ce19d1235f9fd77e151470c.jpg
37b254fd13d768448e690017d964d426.jpg
6cfa9588b95cef5543e5b1f67e951843.jpg

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone :D

Haha yea it all happened a bit quick [emoji1787] got the call yesterday from the woman, the rescue had passed on my number to her, and we chatted a long while about Zeus and what I'm after and then setup the meet for today. I take it all as a sign [emoji16][emoji4]

So Zeus is being odd... not sure how to interpret his behaviour [emoji848]
So my flat is pretty open plan and the only neutral space I have is my hallway/entry way and bathroom. There's not enough space in the bathroom for the temporary cage so it's in the entry/hallway and the door for my bedroom is closed to keep Zeus away while I figure out logistics for longer.
So Zeus has sniffed around by the door and sniffed the carrier. But he's sploofed and loafed against the door, which he's never done [emoji848] usually he just ignores that side of my room. He's been there for quite a while now, just snoozing.
Not sure what to make of it? :s

Wow, when you make a decision you move fast. :lol: It's so understandable that you took her home with you right away; I think I would've done the same thing! How sad that she got such a rough start in life. Her life is going to be so much better with you now. She's beautiful, and sounds very sweet. :love: As for Zeus' behaviour, it sounds like Zeus has smelled her and wants to be closer. It seems like a good sign to me, that he's smelled her and is completely relaxed, wanting to be near the strange bunny in his home.

Wow, when you make a decision you move fast. :lol: It's so understandable that you took her home with you right away; I think I would've done the same thing! How sad that she got such a rough start in life. Her life is going to be so much better with you now. She's beautiful, and sounds very sweet. :love: As for Zeus' behaviour, it sounds like Zeus has smelled her and wants to be closer. It seems like a good sign to me, that he's smelled her and is completely relaxed, wanting to be near the strange bunny in his home.

hmmm, I don't trust bunnies. imo just as likely waiting for Athena to appear so he can scrap with her. I hope I'm wrong.

Oh she is beautiful, and I really hope that she settles down, and even more I hope that she and Zeus will bond together xx

Hahaha mikek & reader of books - those responses have filled me with excitement and dread [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787] I have to side with r.o.b though, reallyyyyy hope it's a happy relaxed behaviour, but I don't trust it either until I see proof [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Have you decided when to bond them?
I was advised to keep them completely separate until Athena has settled in her new environment to not over stress her. Then to start with the soft toy/blanky swapping and see how they deal with that. So don't really have a time yet, more like take each hour at a time and see :)
Do you have any suggestions?

Wow, when you make a decision you move fast. [emoji38] It's so understandable that you took her home with you right away; I think I would've done the same thing! How sad that she got such a rough start in life. Her life is going to be so much better with you now. She's beautiful, and sounds very sweet. :love: As for Zeus' behaviour, it sounds like Zeus has smelled her and wants to be closer. It seems like a good sign to me, that he's smelled her and is completely relaxed, wanting to be near the strange bunny in his home.
Oh and yup hahaha it did happen quite quick, but blame luck more than anything [emoji28] but I'm happy she found me so quick :D

I was advised to keep them completely separate until Athena has settled in her new environment to not over stress her. Then to start with the soft toy/blanky swapping and see how they deal with that. So don't really have a time yet, more like take each hour at a time and see :)
Do you have any suggestions?

I agree with keeping them completely separate until Athena has settled. I would also keep them separate for a couple of weeks as a quarantine precaution.

How old is Athena and has she been vaccinated? How long ago was Zeus neutered?

I agree with keeping them completely separate until Athena has settled. I would also keep them separate for a couple of weeks as a quarantine precaution.

How old is Athena and has she been vaccinated? How long ago was Zeus neutered?
Good point! Need to work on my patience haha

Athena is 9weeks now and apparently have been vaccinated already. Zeus has been neutered about 6 weeks now.

Think I'm going to phone my vet on Monday to see about getting Athena in for a checkup before even considering starting bonding.

Apparently as well because Athena is so young I don't have to wait to spay her before bonding, but I want to double check that with my vet. I trust the boarder but would feel way more relaxed if I get the same advice from my vet :)

She is lovely and as she is young they should bond very easily. Have you got proof of her vaccination and was it the triple one? I would give her a week to settle - she will love being with Zeus.

Back