• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

My Rabbit is being treated for E.cuniculi (vet won't give NSAID or ABX!)

:cry:

This evening, at 7 pm, me and my dad fed the rabbit and he loved his food as usual and seemed FINE other than the slight rolling and head tilt. He was even up on his feet again and taking steps.

I went to play a game with my friend for 2 hours, and I check back on him and he is lifeless! He did roll, but his limbs didn't seem to be working properly. I have NO IDEA what happened in those 2 hours, but I fear he suffered a very serious injury which he will not recover from.

We tried to feed him and give him water. He won't even open his mouth or move his face. He is there, but he seems not there. He did poo and pee today, just as much as usual. He seemed really good before I put him back.

He tries to move his front left paw and it looks floppy or not quite right. Almost like it's been dislocated or something. I really don't know... His limbs are all moving. But he has no energy behind them.

Me and my parents are all still isolating from Coronavirus, so we can't leave and can't get to the vets at 1 am this morning. The only time is in the morning at like 7 - 8 am. But then it'll be 12 hours since he ate any food or water.

If he survives the night :'(

I tried my hardest to protect him and look after him to make him better. And something just happened in those 2 hours and I don't know what made him like this... I dunno if it's a neck injury he suffered or what ='( His body jerks when I move his head up slightly to see him.

I don't know what to do other than try to comfort him.

Last edited:
Oh I am so sorry. It’s a few hours since your last post, if Bunny is still with you all you can really do is keep I’m warm and as comfortable as possible. He may not have sustained a traumatic injury, his deterioration may all be EC related. I am hoping for a miracle for your boy, but if he cannot recover it will not be your fault, you tried your best and no-one can do more than that x

Back