Thread: Digging sofa

Default Digging sofa

I adopted a pair of angora rabbits in March and the female (she’s been spade) has suddenly become obsessed with digging.

It always starts after 9 o,clock at night and lasts until she wears herself out. She targets the sofa so I attempted to distract her with a pile of blankets on the floor which works for a while but she returns to the sofa.

Does anyone have ideas about why this suddenly happens and how I can deter her?

Many thanks 😊

Can you put the blankets on the sofa so she digs at them rather than at the Sofa itself. If you loosely fasten a blanket to the sofa she won’t be able to pull it off and it will hopefully protect the sofa itself.

Have you tried her with a digging box. Nothing fancy, you could make one yourself

http://bunnyproof.com/how-to-build-b...gging-box.html

I used to be ‘Jack’s-Jane’ but I have been logged out of that account and I can’t get back in !

Apologies if my posts read as being blunt. Failing eyesight makes it hard to type out long messages.

Warren Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Sonja05 View Post
    I adopted a pair of angora rabbits in March and the female (she’s been spade) has suddenly become obsessed with digging.

It always starts after 9 o,clock at night and lasts until she wears herself out. She targets the sofa so I attempted to distract her with a pile of blankets on the floor which works for a while but she returns to the sofa.

Does anyone have ideas about why this suddenly happens and how I can deter her?

Many thanks
    I have no idea why but my Zeus has started this as well, not on the sofa but in one spot of the carpet! I have had the same where I've tried blankets but he simply moves them and goes back.
    What did seem to help for a bit was I used the vinegar & water mix to spray the area and rub it in, he's stopped digging there for a few days now so suspect there must've been a smell or something maybe it'll work for you if you don't mind your couch smelling like vinegar for a few days

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk