• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Trio

So , very strangely Dolly is showing positive signs with the new girl ani.. Could dolly be bonded with ani for Now or not. Ani is getting neutered in 4 weeks time.
When Gary (baby 2) is in the run Dolly still shows aggressive behaviour through the bars, Ive double meshed the run becauae she could get her nose through and was trying to bite his little nose. , when ani is in the run Dolly is very subdued around her, sniffing and interested but wary.
Can girls even bond ,I thought it had to be male and female.[emoji4]

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

There's no reason not to bond 2 girls if they are getting on OK. It depends on the rabbits.

If they are OK together (bearing in mind one is nearly adolescent), it may help to solve some of the space issues for now. You need to keep an eye on them to make absolutely certain they are OK together for the first few days at least, then watch out for signs of falling out as the baby matures.

There's no reason not to bond 2 girls if they are getting on OK. It depends on the rabbits.

If they are OK together (bearing in mind one is nearly adolescent), it may help to solve some of the space issues for now. You need to keep an eye on them to make absolutely certain they are OK together for the first few days at least, then watch out for signs of falling out as the baby matures.
Thank you. It was the space issues I was thinking of and thought rather then have 3 separate buns If the girls get along it would be much easier. Why does she hate my boy. Is it a hormone thing maybe?.

I agree with this

Thank you. It was the space issues I was thinking of and thought rather then have 3 separate buns If the girls get along it would be much easier. Why does she hate my boy. Is it a hormone thing maybe?.

How they behave with barriers between may not be how they are during bonding and beyond.so I wouldn’t worry about it looking as though she hates him.

I agree, there are loads of cases where two girls can bond well.

However, in your circumstances I don't think I would attempt this now. Ani will be becoming hormonal soon and I think it might lead to a more difficult bonding attempt with the three of them later.

It's a difficult decision because, as you say it would help the space issue. However, on balance I don't think I would do it.

I agree, there are loads of cases where two girls can bond well.

However, in your circumstances I don't think I would attempt this now. Ani will be becoming hormonal soon and I think it might lead to a more difficult bonding attempt with the three of them later.

It's a difficult decision because, as you say it would help the space issue. However, on balance I don't think I would do it.
Ok, It's not essential, things are ok as they are and they interact when outside together, I just seen some positive interaction and wondered of it would work.
Thank you. X

Back