Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vacant seizures - hes gone :(

Default Vacant seizures - hes gone :(

Does this sound like one? Looking very withdrawn and not with it, not eating, not wanting to move around at all, swaying and looking shaky.

This was Smudge this morning, as a bit of background he has terminal lung cancer. I phoned the vet thinking it was time but he has since picked up, ate some pellets, had some water and took himself off to have some hay. So Ive cancelled the appointment as Im not sure a two hour trip is the best thing for him right now. Just checked him again and hes much more himself, still moving a little gingerly but way better.
    Last edited by Elena; 20-11-2020 at 09:43 PM.

Impossible to say without having witnessed it myself. Maybe he had some transient pain which has now resolved.

I used to be Jacks-Jane but I have been logged out of that account and I cant get back in !

Apologies if my posts read as being blunt. Failing eyesight makes it hard to type out long messages.

Sending lots of vibes xx

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Default Vacant seizures

Quote Originally Posted by InspectorMorse View Post
    Impossible to say without having witnessed it myself. Maybe he had some transient pain which has now resolved.
    It was the look in his eyes, just like when Ive had to make that decision in the past. No life behind them. Could be pain, I gave him metacam straight away so maybe its taken time for that to work.
    Last edited by Elena; 26-10-2020 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoobec View Post
    Sending lots of vibes xx
    Thank you. He seems to be steadily improving, hopefully Ill have my little shadow back soon, following me around! Xx

Quote Originally Posted by Elena View Post
    Thank you. He seems to be steadily improving, hopefully Ill have my little shadow back soon, following me around! Xx
    Fingers crossed xx

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Wise Old Thumper

Sending lots of vibes for Smudge. I hope that he continues to act more like his normal self.

Just a little note to say that Smudge passed away in my arms tonight. Was so fast. One minute I was thinking of getting my phone to call the emergency vets, the next minute he was gone.

Dont quite know what Im going to do with myself without him following me everywhere. And poor Imogen is on her own again.

Big big big hugs xxx

That's so sad. Sorry to hear your heartbreaking news. I'm glad he got to go in your arms though. Sleep tight Smudge xx