• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

7 month old Rex weights only 1.7kg

eris

New Kit
Hi,
I just got a rabbit :D Her name is Eris and her previous family no longer could look after her so I took her in. They said she was Rex breed and 7 months old. I took her to vet yesterday and they said she is healthy. However she is my first rabbit and I didn't had much info on when they stopped growing so I was very surprised when the vet said this is her size. I thought Rex breed weights between 3kg to 5 kg and was expected her to get larger. I know she is not underweight as the vet said she was healthy and even made comment about how nice her teeth were. Does this mean she is actually mini Rex? Is there any other difference in Rex and mini Rex other than their size? I love her regardless but am very curious about her breed.

We adopted a Rex who turned out to be mini rex. She stopped growing at 2.2kg when she was around 1ish.

I'm not sure they're are lots of differences. I've heard some people describe Rexes as a bit more chilled than mini rex.

My mini rex was definitely a little daredevil nutter especially in her first year.

There will be loads of peeps more experienced than me [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

My mini rex weighs 2kg and she is a bit overweight. Vet feels ribs /spine - you should be able to feel bones yet they should not feel sharp/boney.

Back