Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vibes for Lilac please!

Default Vibes for Lilac please!

Lilac seems to have some gas today which is a first for her. She was acting completely normally this morning, running around and eating hay, she also had a piece of chicory root. About 20 minutes later she was sitting near me and I heard a few loud gurgles. She's pressed her tummy on the floor a couple of times too. I checked to see what she would eat, she will only accept fenugreek crunchies and a bit of porridge oats (which I know aren't good for rabbits but I just offered them to test her appetite). She won't eat critical care or anything else.

I've given her belly a bit of a massage, which she wasn't very impressed about but then she hates being stroked in general so that's not completely out of the norm. Her belly doesn't feel hard but it did do a gurgle when I was massaging her. She feels warm and was certainly feisty when I picked her up. She's currently sulking under the sofa which she always does after I pick her up.

My vet isn't open but if we need to go to the emergency vet we will, just hoping she will make a quick recovery!

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Oh dear, what has her poo output been like overnight ? What comes out is as important as what goes in. Sending lots of vibes for her x

I used to be ‘Jack’s-Jane’ but I have been logged out of that account and I can’t get back in !

Apologies if my posts read as being blunt. Failing eyesight makes it hard to type out long messages.

Wise Old Thumper

Sending lots of vibes for Lilac. I hope she soon feels better.

Topping up the vibes for Lilac.

Quote Originally Posted by InspectorMorse View Post
    Oh dear, what has her poo output been like overnight ? What comes out is as important as what goes in. Sending lots of vibes for her x
    I'm not 100% sure because she shares everything with Rupert but there were plenty of poo's in the litter tray this morning. I will be keeping a very close eye on her this afternoon to see what happens.

Thank you for the vibes

Sending millions of vibes from casse del lilleo and all of us here. I hope lilac starts to feel comfortable soon. Xx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Mama Doe Scrappy's Little Helper's Avatar

Oh no, sending lots of vibes for Lilac. I hope she's feeling better soon x

Thanks all for the good vibes. I rang the vet to see what their emergency details were and they answered and said they had an appointment! I've just taken her in, she has a slightly low temperature but nothing too bad, the vet can't feel any blockages so the plan is to give some subcut fluids, antibiotics just in case, painkillers and emeprid. Hopefully she will pick up later today once everything kicks in.

She is absolutely the worst patient, I am not looking forward to giving her the medicine! Rupert happily laps up medicine from a syringe, whereas Lilac runs a mile any time a syringe goes anywhere near her mouth!

Lots of vibes - hope she feels better on her meds & you can get her to co-operate with tking them